Graduate Building Surveyor Doncaster 2024
The Graduate Surveyor will be responsible, under mentorship, for carrying out Detailed, Visual, Recon & Additional inspections on OPI (Operational property inspections) infrastructure including but not limited to fabric and M&E assets within station buildings, signal boxes, lineside buildings, and depots to Network Rail standards.
Primary tasks and duties
- Planning & preparation of site to aid with condition survey.
- Provide detailed information about the condition of the Built Environment surveyed.
- Dealing with Defects & situations which pose an immediate threat to the safety of the operational railway or the public.
- Assist the planning team in the provision of accurate, consistent, and timely recording/ reporting.
- Complete Site visits/ condition reports in a timely manner and report to chain of command if any issues arise.
- Comply with Company Lone working policy.
- Comply with the STE5 standards/ requirements.
Secondary tasks and duties
- Generation of close calls/ contributions.
- Raising Urgent defects with the OPHD.
- Gather knowledge and information in a portfolio style.
We operate a team ethos across the Infrastructure Business Unit and strive to assist colleagues in the execution of their duties where this is appropriate and bring added value. The Graduate Engineer is responsible for the following in this respect:
- Commitment to their own professional development and others across the Business Unit.
- Assistance with the implementation of the BIM Execution Plan when a project requires it.
- Other tasks appropriate to the role of Assistant Engineer, as identified by the Operations Manager/Senior Project Manager/Project Manager/Senior Engineer.
If you have any questions relating to your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org