Graduate Quantity Surveyor Penrith 2024
Reporting to the Commercial Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will work alongside the contract delivery team to ensure the profitability, cash management, cost control and accurate reporting of all schemes.
Your role will require you to
- Assisting with weekly cost to complete/budget reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Assisting to ensure draft/outline CTC’s are completed via communication with Project Managers.
- Maintaining deadlines in line with the monthly commercial calendar.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Ensure commercial challenge at all times to contract delivery teams.
- Upload documentation as and when necessary, in line with business requirements.
- Review weekly site records including allocation sheets and site diaries.
- Attend project handover meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend site progress meetings.
- Assisting with the production of management information required and take responsibility for the accuracy of information (provisions, cash flows, applications, etc).
- Assisting with the management of risk registers identifying project risks, opportunities and value engineering opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with the contract delivery teams to ensure the budgets are not exceeded.
- Assisting with the management of commercial aspects with the client including compensation events/variations, extension of time and completion request etc.
- Ensure that the contract delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Ensuring that cash flow is maximised including ensuring that payments are received on time.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly financial performance reports.
- Working with the contract delivery teams to manage project performance.
- Assisting with the management of the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Preparation of and assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims from sub-contractors for compensation events/variations.
- Assisting with final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcomes.
We operate a team ethos across the Highways Business Unit and strive to assist colleagues in the execution of their duties where this is appropriate and brings added value.
The Graduate Quantity Surveyor is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI’s.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Assisting with the use of key lean tools to drive efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Encourage, support and assist with the delivery of successful collaborative planning with the contract delivery teams.
- Commitment to their own professional development, and that of others across the Business Unit.
- Other tasks appropriate to the role of Graduate Quantity Surveyor, as identified by the Quantity Surveyor/Managing Surveyor.
If you have any questions relating to your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org