Piling Graduate Engineer 2024
A Graduate Engineer with placement in a multitude of roles across the piling business, typically a minimum of 4Nr x 6 monthly placements within each part of the Piling business including:
- Operations – Site based, Project Engineer role.
- Technical – Office based – Design Engineer role – Geotechnical, Structural and Thermal design.
- Commercial – Site based – Quantity Surveying, Quantity.
- Estimating – Office based – compiling and completing tenders to win work for the business.
- Site Based rotation – Assisting the operations and commercial teams, ensuring works are completed in accordance with the inspection and test plan, method statements, risk assessments and designs.
- Office Based rotation – To assist the design and estimating teams across a multitude of roles and tasks, ensuring that our works are completed to a high quality in accordance with our contractual requirements. To place a high emphasis on learning and self-development, ultimately for the betterment of the individual and Piling team overall.
Primary Tasks and Duties
- Take every opportunity to learn about the piling process and industry seeking advice from those around you, and all appropriate specifications, codes and standards.
- Learn, implement and develop the use of quality documentation with guidance from Senior Engineers.
- Attend technical meetings such as ICE, FPS, Seminars and Conferences.
- Learn the basics of the tendering process and complete simple tender build-ups and estimates.
- Learn how to plan piling works across the Cased CFA, CFA and Rotary bored piling disciplines efficiently with assistance from the Piling Foreman.
- Understand and be able to explain construction process for Secant & Contiguous walls, CFA, thin wall and segmental cased rotary bored systems.
- Monitor and record quality issues on site.
- Ensure piling works are in accordance with the design and our contractual requirements.
- Understand and be able to explain the principles of pile and retaining wall design.
- Understand and be able to explain the principles of pile testing.
- Be able to interpret borehole information and undertake strata logs.
Secondary Tasks and Duties
- To understand the principles behind contractual relationships.
- To liaise with our Sub Contractors and co-ordinate their works required.
- Where on the group ICE training scheme, complete quarterly reports and attend review meetings with delegated and Supervising Engineers.
If you have any questions relating to your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org