Professional Tutor London 2023
Are you looking for a highly flexible, well-paid, and deeply rewarding career?
One which will build on your passion for education and learning, and which will let you support and inspire children to achieve their full academic potential?
If so, consider joining Keystone Tutors as part of our new intake of full-time, London-based tutors scheduled to start in August 2023. Our goal is to help children excel, and our diverse team of creative and committed tutors are at the heart of our mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching 1-2-1 and small group courses online and in person. Tutoring takes place within clients' homes located in and around Central London or online and there is potential to travel abroad.
- Tutors will be expected to write resources, plan lessons, and engage with a structured professional development programme.
- Liaising with parents and the wider Keystone team.
- Professional Tutors are expected to have availability to teach in prime tutoring hours (typically 4pm-6:30pm), although some work could be carried out during the day and over the weekend.
Why work for Keystone?
- Keystone Tutors are the only tuition agency in the UK that employs full-time tutors – so you receive generous benefits including a workplace pension, annual leave and a guaranteed income each month.
- We give you the maximum amount of autonomy over what to teach, when you teach and how to teach it. You can teach topics that you are passionate about to highly engaged learners all around the world.
- Flexible working with the opportunity to devise your tutoring schedule around your other commitments. You select the hours you want to work.
- Continued professional development and monthly training courses.
- The support of a large team of office staff to support you with timetabling, client management and training. To find out more about our Professional Tutors read our Tutor Stories. and view our current team of tutors.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 2:1 undergraduate level degree
- You might hold a professional teaching qualification such as a PGCE, QTS or TEFL
- We are particularly interested to hear from people who want to tutor the following subjects: English, Maths, Science, Geography, History
- Some teaching or tutoring experience desirable
Base salary of between £22,500 and £27,000 with the average starting salary of £25,000 for 13 hours teaching per week. There is the potential to earn significantly more, the more teaching hours you do.
- Earn a base salary of between £22,500 and £27,000 as a Professional Tutor (with the potential to earn significantly more the more hours you tutor). Our Professional tutors tend to teach between 50 and 75 hours per month, both online and face-to-face, over a 12-month period (between 600 and 900 hours per year).
- Cycle to work and pension schemes as well as a work from home allowance.
- Continual professional development and a thorough training programme which extends throughout your years with Keystone.
- An annual series of social events and a mentoring scheme which underpins a collaborative and supportive environment.
We are looking for candidates to join us in August 2023. The first two weeks of your employment will be spent undertaking our bespoke training programme to ensure you have the necessary tutoring skills. Training sessions will also take place every month in your first year as a Professional Tutor.
How to Apply
Please fill out our online application form at the bottom of the page. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so early application is encouraged.