Graduate Management Programme 2024
Kite Packaging has been running their Graduate programmes for a number of years. This year, our 8th programme will focus our search for exceptional candidates who will have the potential to become senior managers of the future. Kite is a Sunday Times Profit 100 business of with the fastest growth in the packaging distribution industry.
We are looking for candidates to join the Graduate Management Programme with the potential to lead into jobs specialising in the below. You will be responsible for targeting large accounts and generating your own leads while also managing the accounts for existing customers and customers you bring into the business.
- Commercial Management
- General Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain
The programme gives you an unique opportunity to interface at a senior level within the company and be provided with valuable experience and support. You will also report to, or be mentored by, a Kite Managing Partner, who will provide insight into the operational side of Kite Packaging and support you through the process.
The programme will consist of a 3 to 4 six-month module placements. After each placement you will receive an individual assessment and a bonus for that module will be awarded. During the placements, we will be expecting your knowledge of all aspects of Kite to become detailed and to see your management skills develop. Not only will this give you an excellent grounding of Kite’s business, it will also help you develop a network of contacts throughout the group.
Kite Packaging has eight site locations in the UK, and you could be working at any one of them and not less than 2 of them during the programme. Therefore, applicants looking to apply must be willing to re-locate on a fairly regular basis. They include:
- Coventry (Midlands)
- Rotherham (Yorkshire)
- Swindon (Thames Valley)
- Letchworth (North of London)
- Portsmouth (South Coast)
- Sittingbourne (South East)
- Gateshead (North East)
- Manchester (North West)
In addition, following completion of the programme you must be prepared to locate where the opportunities are in order to fast track your career. Support with relocation costs will be provided throughout the programme, as part of your Graduate benefits package.
Key skills and essential experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Be a recent graduate – gaining their degree in 2022 or 2023
- Have a minimum of 2.1 degree
- Have a strong academic record with A-Level Maths Grade A
- Possess strong numerical skills
- Have likeability, with the ability to easily create a rapport with others
- Be prepared to relocate to within 30 minutes commute of each operation around the UK for the module rotations
- Have a full UK driver’s licence
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Experience working in a business environment is also desirable, but most of all we want to see ambition, initiative, enthusiasm and talent!
All successful candidates will be provided with £29,000 basic salary as part of an OTE £34,000 package made up as follows:
- £29,000 basic
- £1,000 bonus
- £4,000 (company car annual value)
- Bonus at the end of each module
- Company car (similar to Renault Clio)
- Company laptop
- Support with relocation costs for each module
- Optional £1,000 interest free loan for your start-up costs
- 20 days paid annual leave, plus all bank holiday
- The option to become a shareholder in the business after 6 months employment
- After 6 months a range of benefits: life insurance, optional healthcare scheme