Graduate Buyer Newport 2024
The SPTS division of KLA, designs, manufactures and markets wafer processing solutions for the global semiconductor and related industries. SPTS provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of single wafer handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors. SPTS is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centers and qualified local agents.
We design, develop and manufacture high-tech capital equipment for the semiconductor and related global markets. Working alongside our existing Procurement Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing best practise methodology in all Supply chain functions. This will include carrying out and assisting in the following capabilities and responsibilities.
This role is part of our 2024 Graduate programme and will start in September 2024.
Purpose of the Role
This role represents an excellent opportunity for someone looking to establish a career in a fast-growing, award-winning, global semiconductor company with a clearly defined career development path.
Following the Company's extensive onboarding and introduction program, you will join our Graduate Development program which includes: Technical Classroom training, Soft-skills training, Team building, Corporate responsibility activities and finally placement across all of our process teams. It is not required for you to already have the skills and knowledge to perform the role, full on the job training will be provided through our graduate develop scheme. You will then be welcomed into your Team and continue your development supported by your SPTS mentor!
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
The list below is illustrative of the types of activities to be learned/undertaken:
- Demonstrate key expedite capability.
- Lead time reduction initiatives with Purchasing / Spares Organisations.
- Undertake problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Cost reduction initiatives.
- Inventory reduction initiatives.
- Develop & Evaluate new suppliers ( Fit into the SPTS way).
- Develop good relationships with current suppliers.
- Summarise results in a written report or presentation formats.
- MRP / SAP understanding.
- Global supply chain initiatives.
- Logistic initiatives.
- Develop and understand key SPTS purchasing processes.
- Generating SAP reports and creating controlled measures.
- Understanding and creating Data to support KPI’s .
- Creating a Purchasing dashboard to support Purchasing measures.
- Measuring market conditions and identifying key global constraints
This position will give an opportunity for some international travel and working some shift patterns to fully utilise our state of the art development cleanroom. We will seek to give as much notice as possible where travel or shift work are required. SPTS will of course provide travel expenses and a shift allowance in line with company policy.
For this role we are looking someone who
- Has a passion for learning and development, continuously seeking for new knowledge and learning opportunities.
- Can think logically to provide customer solutions with a good attention to detail and foresight and ability to collect, filter and analyse data to build solutions for complex technological problems
- Has the ability to think creatively of novel but practical solutions to customer problems
- Is able to demonstrate strong Communication skills – You’ll enjoy establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both customers and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum 2:2) in a Supply Chain or Logistics Management category
What we will offer you?
SPTS’s benefits package includes: Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer