Planning Graduate Programme 2021
Our two-year Planning Graduate Scheme, based in our Baker Street Office, will give you exposure, experience, training and support so that, whatever skills and perspectives you bring, you’ll build on your potential. Our programme is designed to provide you with everything you need to confidently launch a career in the planning industry. Over the two-year scheme, you will be supported through your APC, will experience an unparalleled breadth of opportunities, and explore a diverse range of projects. You’ll get exposure to an extended portfolio of clients, customers and properties and we will help you discover where your strengths and interests are best placed.
What to expect
Your experience on the scheme will include:
- Conducting planning appraisals for a range of sites
- Preparing and submitting planning applications
- Preparing a range of planning reports, including Planning Statements and Planning Strategies
- Attending Design Team Meetings and Pre-application meetings
- Ongoing CPD to develop your understanding and experience
Training & development
- During your time as a graduate, you will train for your Assessment of Professional Competence (APC). Achieving this qualification enables you to become a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI), a professional body for those in the industry.
- Training for your APC will take shape through a combination of seminars, workshops and self-study. You will gain exposure to a wide range of subjects, and have the opportunity to deep dive into several core competencies.
- As well as learning together with the rest of your graduate cohort, you’ll also receive mentorship from experienced individuals from across the business and receive support from your counsellor, supervisor and early careers manager.
You will need
- A ‘combined’ RTPI accredited qualification, or ‘spatial’ and ‘specialist’ RTPI accredited qualifications.
- Commitment and enthusiasm for learning as you’ll be undertaking your APC qualification across the two-year programme.
- A fascination with property, keeping up to date with the real estate market and current developments.
- A strong desire to develop great people skills in your career, as communication and building partnerships is at the heart of what we do.
- Applications for the 2021 programme are now open and will be closing Friday 20th November 2020.
- First stage video interviews to take place in November/December.
- Second stage face-to-face video interviews take place in December.
- Final assessment centres take place in January.