Building Services Trainee Summer Placement 2024
Our Summer placement programme is designed for the brightest and most ambitious undergraduates. You will benefit from the opportunity to enhance your academic studies with an engaging series of paid work placements that will give you a head start as you enter the world of work.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke offers undergraduate placements to those students studying a construction related degree.
Our summer placement programme offers undergraduates a 6-12 week placement for those who are passionate about achieving their career ambitions in the built environment. Perform well enough and you may get the chance to join our Graduate Development Programme.
Your summer placement will give you an insight into our world-class project-based business. You will get hands-on experience of working on one of our construction sites, along with structured training, group activities, guidance and support which will aid you with your university education.
We understand that flexibility is important to you and therefore we've designed the programme to fit with your summer plans. A core six-week programme has been designed for you to get the most value from the summer placement and we ask that you are available for the duration to complete your six learning sessions. These sessions will complement your practical experience on site. You will be given the dates within the recruitment process.
Locations we are recruiting for
- Opportunities are UK-wide
Degree subjects we are looking for
- Building Services Engineering and Architectural Engineering
- Students who complete a successful Summer placement will be automatically put forward for our Graduate Development Programme. This means you will not need to apply nor go through the assessment centre process.
We particularly encourage first-year students to apply in order to maximise the number of work placements you can complete before graduation.
You will need to meet the following criteria
- You must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions with a valid work permit, if applicable.
- You will be required to travel and possibly relocate for your rotational placements.
- You must be on target to achieve a 1st or 2:2 degree classification.
- You must be currently studying an accredited degree in your specific field.
We recruit for the Summer and Industrial Placement programme on an ongoing basis until all roles are filled. We therefore encourage early application to any of our available roles. Providing you are successful at the interview stage; you will receive a written formal offer for the Summer and Industrial Placement programme.
Step 1 - Apply online
Complete the online application form and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
Step 2 - Online testing
You will be invited to complete a series of verbal reasoning, diagrammatical and numerical online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage three of the selection process.
Step 3 - Interview
You will be invited to complete a structured interview either on campus, at one of our project sites or offices or via video link.