Planning Graduate Programme 2021
We're looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
The Laing O'Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Our graduate programme is designed to embrace and develop your capabilities. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your personal development and the achievement of professional accreditation as a priority.
Our programme will give you the practical experience, technical learning and professional development while being part of the some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- A degree course with a clear route to professional accreditation
- Your degree classification should be 2:1 or higher
- Entry degrees will be listed within each of our graduate vacancies and differ from role to role
As a graduate assistant planner, you will work with a project planner to provide planning support. This role will have a high degree of learning as you hone your planning and interpersonal skills.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Assist in the development project specific planning control system
- Assist in producing detailed schedules itemising key constraints
- Assist in Integrating and support the material management procedures
- Assist in producing a reporting
- Learn planning
- Record site progress and issues
- Mark up charts, drawings as necessary to communicate the progress position
- Communicate progress and issues to the site team
- Learn how to produce scheme programmes
- Communicate with internal departments to give and receive information
- Produce detailed realistic scheme programmes with assistance from project planner and site team with aim of producing unaided
- Liaise with site team to check on progress and issues
- Monitor production and collate as built information
- Collate production output m/wk or m/man per technique
- Highlight issues for trending and resolution
North and South of England
Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering and Building Services. Other degrees will be considered for this role.
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2021**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.