Digital Marketing Analyst Industrial Placement 2021
Lazard is the world's leading independent financial advisory and asset management firm. We serve clients with thoughtful advice and effective solutions to strategic and financial matters. Founded in 1848, we operate in 43 cities across 27 countries around the world. Our deep roots in local business centers form a global network of relationships with key decision-makers in corporations, governments and investing institutions.
Summary of role
The Digital Marketing Analyst plays a pivotal role in supporting Lazard’s communication strategy of creating and delivering dynamic, interactive and shareable content.
We are seeking two Digital Marketing Analysts. One will report to the Head of Communications for Lazard’s financial advisory business in the UK and Continental Europe and will work closely with all business areas within this division, as well as supporting other projects driven by the Global Communications team. The other will report to the Marketing Director for Lazard’s Asset Management business in the UK and will work closely with all business areas within this division.
The successful candidates will work with content creators and editors to publish digital content to multiple platforms, including public and employee-facing websites and Lazard’s social media channels. The individuals will regularly attend Lazard events to capture original audio and visual content and be able to edit this content appropriately for the different channels available. More broadly, this is an opportunity to support the Head of Communications with employee communications and media relations and to learn the essential skills that will provide the foundation required to develop a career within these fields. You should be proactive and energetic, with a good mix of creative and technical skills and a keen interest in pursuing a career in marketing and communications.
- Assist with day-to-day photo, video, and audio projects
- Update and manage a content calendar that incorporates content from across Lazard
- Assist with photo library creation and maintenance
- Ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner, are on-brand, and accurate
- Keep current with industry standards and make recommendations that improve process
- Maintain archives and document best practices
- Responsible for taking corporate head shots
- Maintain video brand guidelines
- Monitor and assess data analytics and develop useful reporting criteria to optimise efforts e.g. social media engagement, readership levels, and clicks.
- Help create templates for internal e-letters and external microsites
- Be forthcoming with ideas and ways to digitalize Lazard’s communication approach
- Create and edit engaging written content for Lazard’s e-marketing materials, including social media channels, websites and newsletters
- Photography, lighting and videography skills (e.g. high-end Nikon DSLR)
- Photography retouching skills (Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)
- Advanced Audio / video post-production editing skills (Premiere Pro, After Effects and Adobe Audition)
- Basic graphic design skills (Illustrator, InDesign)
- Web editing skills (optional)
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Creation and editing of animated videos
- Social media user familiar with how to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram effectively
- Familiar with video sharing and digital asset management sites such as YouTube and Vimeo
- Familiar with social media account management such as Hootsuite
- Basic technical knowledge in livestreaming content
The following behaviors define the expectations for this position:
- Approachable and transparent with line manager and key stakeholders
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Communicates as much as possible in a clear and concise way
- Recognises different audiences have different requirements and can adapt their communication style and work approach to be most effective
- Has an open mind and integrated approach to communications. This individual needs to be able to consider all communications channels and types of content at the outset when assessing opportunities
- Takes active steps to notify line manager of new information and asks for help if needed
Planning and organisation
- A can-do attitude, pro-active approach and enthusiastic
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Able to prioritise workload in accordance with the goals and objectives that have been set
- Naturally organised, able to keep important information filed in a logical and easy to find place
- Meets deadlines and keeps others up to date on progress on tasks, highlighting potential delays and challenges
- Good attention to detail
Start date: Anytime from end June 2021 (for 12 months)
Applications: The programme is open to undergraduate students seeking an industrial placement as part of their students, as well as graduates seeking a 12-month assignment. Please attach a 1 page CV and a cover letter as part of your application. Please attach examples of content that you have created – for audio/video which cannot be uploaded, please attach a document containing links to these examples or ensure these links are included in your CV.