We offer a range of exciting summer internship opportunities across various technical functions. Leonardo relies on having the very best employees to maintain its competitive edge and has some of the industry's most sophisticated technology at its fingertips. Undertaking a placement with Leonardo can provide invaluable support to your current studies: you will not only be working for a company at the cutting-edge of technology, you will also be enhancing your skills and business acumen, and opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree could be used in the future.
As well as the opportunity to gain hands on experience we offer our placements a competitive salary and relevant training and development opportunities.
Summer Internship students will be involved in a variety of tasks in one of the following engineering disciplines – Software, Systems, Hardware, Firmware, Microwave, Antenna or Mechanical Engineering.
Providing support to real projects, placement students will be required to apply knowledge gained while studying in a practical way. Placement students will undertake activities including designing, testing, qualifying and supporting technology across our range of products. The challenging tasks will involve communicating with other team members to gain information before completing objectives and examining outcomes.
The internships will be based at Capability Green, Luton, home to the Electronic Warfare Line of Business within Leonardo.
Intrinsic Job Factors
- Leonardo adopt a flexible approach to working and it is envisioned that the summer placement programme will encompass a blend of both site and home based working, the balance of which will be dependent on individual project requirements. Note: some placements may also involve working within a laboratory environment.
- All Leonardo offices have introducted robust social distancing guidelines and continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic closely, to ensure adherence to UK Governament guidelines. To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees and visitors, this may result in some aspects of the summer placement programme being subject to change. Successful applicants will be required to be readily adaptable to these changes, which Leonardo will communicate regularly as and when required.
- Use of display screen equipment
- Possible local travel (UK)
- Full time hours
- Candidates must be able to obtain SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK