Summer Internship West Yorkshire 2024
Before you start your application, please note alternative formats are available on request. Please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling on 0345 330 4576.
If emailing, please tell us how you would like us to respond - we can email back or call you to discuss any requirements or concerns you might have. We will get back to you as soon as we can but during busy times, it might take up to 5 working days (Don't worry, this won't affect your progress in the application process).
Job description summary
Prior to submitting your application, please visit our early careers website to find out more about the schemes we offer and the recruitment journey: www.lloydsbankinggrouptalent.com.
Our summer internships may close early if we receive a high number of applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as you can. Please make sure that you will be available to work 35 hours per week for the duration of the internship placement (June 10th – August 2nd 2024) in order to be eligible for this programme.
If you have any questions, please do contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
You might still be studying but it’s never too soon to start thinking about your career. Our in-person Summer Internship can give you the knowledge, insights, and confidence you need to start choosing the direction that’s right for you.
Across eight weeks, you’ll benefit from a solid learning and development programme, designed to help you develop the kind of skills that are critical to any career. Bite-sized learning sessions will help you understand more about our business and the industry it operates in.
And through our group challenge, you’ll get the chance to collaborate with other interns developing your own solution to an important problem.
Is our Summer Internship for you?
You may be clear about the path you want to take or still considering options. Either way, our Summer Internship can help you kick start a successful career once you graduate.
From showing you the diverse range of roles available in an organisation as big and dynamic as ours, to giving you an in-depth look at everything our Graduate Schemes involve, to hearing from people who have built a career with us, you’ll get a valuable glimpse into what your future at Lloyds Banking Group could be.
If you're naturally inquisitive, keen to learn, and excited by our purpose of helping our customers, colleagues and communities prosper, this internship could be for you.
What you’ll learn on the Summer Internship programme
You can gain essential skills and experience working in one of the following business areas (you’ll get to tell us which area you’d prefer in your application).
- Business and Commercial Banking
- Learn how we build meaningful relationships and spot new opportunities to help our clients face their challenges on the frontline of the UK economy.
- Human Resources
- Explore the wide range of skills involved in being a HR professional and how our teams are enabling everyone at Lloyds Banking Group to be at their best.
- Start to understand the full range of elements involved in Risk Management and how this part of our business supports colleagues and customers to Help Britain Prosper.
- Consumer Banking
- Find out how personalised products and services are helping us meet more of our customers’ financial needs and putting our Values at the heart of every decision.
- Gain insight into how we are creating strong, inclusive, sustainable brands that enhance our customers’ experience and support business growth.
- Insurance, Pensions & Investments
- See, up close, how we’re helping millions of customers with their long-term protection, retirement and investment needs.
- Technology, Data & Operations
- Bring your love of innovation to explore how our technology, data and operations teams are critical to how our organisation works, changes, innovates and grows. Roles could be in a range of teams from engineering to data to operations and more – all of which are helping to build our digital future.
The work you could be doing depending on your placement
- Discovering who we are and what to expect through our induction event, initial training and working with your assigned buddy
- Getting a hands-on insight into one of our business areas, locations, and the graduate opportunities available within them
- Meeting with current Lloyds Banking Group graduates to hear about their experience of working within the Group
- Taking part in a Regional Internship Group Challenge
- Working with a mentor (if you choose to) to get advice and guidance on starting your career
What you need to apply
Open for students in their penultimate or final year of study. We’re open to all subject area from because we value the fresh perspectives that come with diversity.
Students must be available to work 35 hours per week for the duration of the internship placement (June 10th – August 2nd 2024).
Leeds and Halifax. You will be in your chosen location for the duration of the internship.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.