Graduate Civil Engineer Clydach 2024
Morrison Water Services, part of M Group Services, is a UK leading Clean & Waste Water infrastructure provider, with ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years. With a workforce of more than 2,500 operating daily in local communities, our people work hard to keep customers connected and taps flowing.
Morrison Water Services is currently looking to recruit Graduate Civil Engineers to join our team and embark on an exciting career in the Water industry.
About the role
As a Graduate Civil Engineer, you will work on our Water Network Alliance contract who deliver clean water Repair and Maintenance and Capital projects for our client Welsh Water. You will engage with Project Managers, Designers, Commercial staff, SHEQ and delivery teams. This will enable you to further develop your understanding and capability in a built environment. You will be part of a team that delivers the safe, efficient and on time delivery of water infrastructure schemes.
Projects will range in size, complexity and value across this Framework. This may include emergency repairs, planned reactive works, and Zonal trunk main replacement projects, developer services, mains laying.
Morrison Water Services Civil Engineer Programme is designed to start your journey towards becoming a specialist in your chosen field. You will have continuous support and one to one mentoring throughout your journey that will allow you the freedom to tailor your path into roles and disciplines where you can put your best ideas into practice.
When you're starting out in your career as a Graduate Civil Engineer, you'll be required to undertake the following tasks:
- Working alongside a more experienced Site Engineer
- Surveying the site
- Checking drawings
- Monitoring site labour
- Collating project data
In addition, you will support the delivery teams and learn the following skills:
- The safe, efficient delivery of projects
- Lead and promote a safe zero harm culture
- Promote industry leading behavioural culture
- Develop your knowledge and ability to write RAMS, T&IPS, briefings, TBTs, NCRs, control permits and temporary works on site.
- Manage labour, plant and materials
- Manage customers and general public impacted by our works
- Developing Project Management Plans including environment, quality, safety, health and wellbeing
- Carry out site inductions, tool box talks and the coaching of staff in construction techniques, ensuring appropriate use of PPE
- Coordinate document control and design management for projects
- Degree level having achieved a 2:2 in Civil Engineering
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- Driving Licence
- Do you have focus on quality and integrity in everything you do?
- Have you the ability to communicate in different formats with a variety of stakeholders?
- Do you have a strong attention to detail with an aptitude for problem-solving?
- Are you a self-motivated and highly professional team player with a flexible, yet structured approach?
- You will need Strong IT skills. Proficient in all MS Office applications
As a valued employee of the M Group Services Water Division, you’ll be entitled to:
- Matched Pension Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities to progress in a successful company
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- The option to take out Personal Accident Insurance
- The option to partake in Payroll giving
- Salary Finance - an online portal offering financial support via articles, videos and blogs. You can apply for loans and savings schemes via payroll
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Cycle to work Scheme
Who doesn’t like a discount? You will have access to your ‘My Rewards’ portal. This provides amazing reductions on 1000’s of purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bills & top retail brand discounts.
Here’s a few so you can see the type of saving’s you can make:
- Up to 7% discounts on major supermarkets
- Up to 52% on Cinema tickets
- Up to 33% on holidays and travel
- Up to 10% on restaurants and takeaways
- Up to 25% off gym membership
What are you waiting for? Apply today