Graduate Sales Coordinator Staplehurst 2024
Joining a well-established, close-knit team, this entry level position will involve dealing with incoming repeat business, ‘warm leads’ and new enquiries. It is a complex role which demands real attention to detail.
After a period of training, you will be able to produce accurate quotations for our customers, process orders and raise production paperwork within our MRP system. This is a customer focused position which demands a professional level of customer service and effective communication is vital. You will be supporting and working with colleagues to both maintain and grow customer relationships in line with company strategy. Following training you will be allocated your own group of customers and will become responsible for these customer accounts.
Whilst it would be beneficial for the candidate to have some experience of working in a similar role, this is also an ideal opportunity for a graduate entry candidate with a technically biased degree and some customer service experience to join an established team. Full training will be given on both the IT and technical knowledge required and how to manage customer service expectations. As a growing company there is real scope for career progression and the opportunity to visit clients both in the UK and overseas.
- Building and maintaining positive customer relationships; listening to customer requirements with allocated customer groups to develop understanding of their potential needs and identifying potential sales opportunities
- Providing quotations, mostly based on engineering drawings & technical specifications, within a set time frame from the initial enquiry to follow up; accurate in terms of technical and price content and correct for the intended application
- Working closely with internal colleagues (physicists, CAD and production teams, etc.) to agree/define the technical aspects of quotations, generating accurate bill of materials, routing and work order information
- Providing updates to customers on open orders and quotation status; proactively managing the customer expectations in relation to any changes to technical aspects or delivery dates, dealing with any issues as appropriate and escalating accordingly, whilst maintaining the MRP system (Progress Plus) accordingly
- Updating internal systems to ensure new and repeat quotes are entered, acknowledged correctly and concisely, providing a full record from initial enquiry to fulfilled order
- Proactively responding to incoming email and phone enquires, logging all enquiries, acknowledging receipt to customers and maintaining internal record keeping our MRP system
- Continually developing an in-depth knowledge of materials and production methods to provide the best solutions to our customers
- Assisting the rest of the team on following up quotations and with their daily administrative requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level standard, ideally from a technical bias such as engineering, physics etc.
- Strong communication skills are essential so experience of having worked within a customer facing environment is required, as is a natural ability to interact professionally and confidently with the variety of different customers
- A positive and resilient attitude towards resolving problems and ensuring good customer service
- Attention to detail; accuracy in a commercial and technical environment
- Technically biased with the ability to learn and interpret technical/engineering drawings and information
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Highly organised in approach and able to work under pressure, dealing with multiple tasks in a busy environment
- Dealing with any issues in a calm, professional manner and escalating when appropriate
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and determined
- Whilst able to operate independently, the ability to work as part of a team is essential
Candidates with some relevant sales/estimating experience, ideally from within a transferable background would have an advantage.
We know that the most valuable aspect of any business is its people, and we are looking to recruit the next generation of our workforce!
We will invest in your success, is it time for you to join our team and start your journey.