Software Engineering Intern
In this position, you will be part of a 9- week Global Intern program, where you will work with other developers, architects, test engineers and product management in the development of real-time fixed income trading systems. You will join an Agile Scrum team whose goal is to build new products and enhance existing ones
This is a full-time paid internship to commence on 3 June and concludes on 2 August 2024.
How You’ll Take Us There
- Understand agile process.
- Understand business requirements.
- Participate in software design.
- Provide time estimates.
- Write code and unit tests.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Fix any bugs and demo to the stakeholders
What We’re Looking for
- Working towards a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or similar, graduating in 2025
- Good understanding of various data structures and algorithms
- Well-versed in modern application design paradigms and patterns.
- Experience in development/willingness to learn Java and Java based server-side frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Curiosity/interest related to cloud technologies and cloud design patterns (AWS).
- Basic knowledge of enterprise RDBMS such as Oracle, Sybase or SQL Server.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function well in a competitive, challenging environment, and the ability to deal with changing priorities.
- Individuals who can connect the dots and think creatively.
- Interested in financial markets and how technology supports our business
- Right to work in the UK permanently without employment visa sponsorship required now or in the future
What You Can Expect from Us
- Central Location: based at our city offices near St Paul's.
- Free Food: We provide lunch each day of the week when the employee attends the office via our vendor Feedr as well as breakfast cereals, office snacks and drinks from our free vending machines
- Paid Time Off: 25 days annual leave entitlement plus 2 charity days
- Reward for your service: We offer a two-week bonus holiday after completing each 5 years of service
- Core benefits: Besides competitive standard benefits package we offer private medical (PMI) for family, Cash Plan, health screenings, dental cover, 6X life assurance, critical illness cover, income protection, pension, car leasing (Tusker electronic cars), reimbursement for wellness stipend, interest free season ticket loan and a “Share Incentive” plan
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: Benefit from on-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences
Collaboration and innovation are integral to our success – it's how we got to where we are and how we’ll maintain and grow our competitive advantage. We believe this best happens in an office environment. Employees in Technology work in the office 2 or more days a week. This approach still allows for flexibility depending on the business function you work within but also helps us maintain a collaborative office environment long-term.