Mars Leadership Experience Graduate Programme 2024
Your future as a leader starts today.
Our general Graduate Traineeship Programme: The Mars Leadership Experience (MLE), is the perfect grounding for a career in business leadership. You’ll manage projects, lead teams, take on roles with local and international exposure and make decisions with real consequences. The work will come thick and fast, preparing you for the challenges tomorrow.
The MLE comprises three 12-month placements. As a guide, you’ll typically follow a path through the three years with exposure to very different areas of our business. You will have placements across Demand (Sales, Category Management, Marketing), Supply (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics), and Digital (Data & Analytics, Project Management, Functional Applications & Strategy).
What will you do?
- 3 x 12-month placements, giving you visibility to find the right career path for you.
- Opportunities to manage teams and projects, allowing you to develop every day.
- Join our global trainee community, create friends for life, and join a Global business.
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll have at least a 2:1 degree in any subject. Graduating next summer or graduated within the last 2 years.
- Mobile within the UK. Your home sites could be Waltham (Leicestershire), Slough, Paddington, or Castle Cary and we ask that you are flexible during your time on the program.
- You’ll be passionate about your future career as a leader and open to learn and develop yourself outside your comfort zone.
- You’ll bring an out-the-box thinking to Mars.
What are the benefits?
- Starting salary £33,000 and joining bonus of £2,000.
- We’ll give you access to inspiring mentors and coaches to help you grow.
- Flexible, hybrid working.
- Dogs in the office (depending on the office)
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.