Marsh Advisory Academy Placement Programme (Analytics Solutions) London 2024
Organisations are under enormous pressure to manage evolving risks, anticipate what's next, and find clarity from uncertainty. They look to Marsh for our expertise, insights, and solutions to navigate these times and to realise what's possible. In Marsh Advisory, we are a differentiator, drive risk conversations and transform the way in which Marsh speaks to our clients about risk and insurance.
Joining Marsh Advisory Academy 1 Year Placement Programme – Specialist, you have the exciting opportunity to help some of the world’s most prestigious institutions to enhance their risk management approaches, handle complex claims and use data-driven analysis to inform a client’s insurance strategy whilst also completing a specialist qualification. We have five graduate and four placement student roles in Analytics Solutions UK.
What you can expect
We have a number of exciting opportunities on our Marsh Advisory Specialist Graduate Programme. We are offering graduate tracks in the following areas:
Analytics Solutions (Actuarial Analyst)
Provides analytical services to Marsh’s corporate client base, supporting clients by using statistical models to identify optimal insurance structures and provides a variety of actuarial services to clients, captives and insurers. You will:
- Work closely with actuarial colleagues, learning the technical and soft skills required to effectively support our clients’ risk financing and regulatory needs.
- Ensure our clients receive solutions which are tailored to their bespoke needs and support specialist insurance brokers with the placement of insurance risks.
- Deliver reserving, Solvency II, IFRS 17 and risk finance projects; from building statistical models to drafting reports and joining client meetings.
- Study towards your actuarial qualification to ultimately qualify as a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (FIA).
Analytics Solutions (Quantitative Risk Analyst)
Provides quantitative risk modelling services, primarily for financial institutions and large corporates. We combine expertise in insurance risk and financial risk to deliver quantitative risk insights and inform insurance solutions for climate, credit and operational risks. You will:
- Have the opportunity to help deliver our most innovative and thought provoking projects and risk solution propositions (e.g. climate change, supply chains, financial impact modelling).
- Work with specialists from across Marsh and the wider MMC group (e.g. Oliver Wyman or Guy Carpenter).
- Have the opportunity to work towards a suitable professional qualification.
- In addition to other analytics role requirements, have a good knowledge of coding in Python or R.
Analytics Solutions (Associate Digital Consultant)
Provides innovative risk management solutions to Marsh’s client base by leveraging the technological capability of 3rd party partnerships and combining it with Marsh’s risk management expertise: You will:
- Work closely with digital advisory colleagues, learning the technical and soft skills required to assess, build, and implement a successful partnership.
- Work closely with the broking business to ensure there is good awareness of the solutions and supporting them with client conversations from initial discovery meetings to implementation.
- Collaborate with the wider MMC business.
- Contribute to client meeting and partner reviews with support from colleagues.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how technology is impacting the insurance sector and how Marsh can continue to position itself as the risk advisor of the future.
Analytics Solutions (Blue[i] Project Analyst)
provides Blue[i] Analytics, Marsh’s next generation analytics suite of digital solutions, delivering our industry-leading data and actionable insights through an intuitive, interactive and engaging platform, allowing our clients to make critical business decisions with confidence. You will:
- Support the delivery and deployment of the suite of Blue[i] Analytics solutions. Working with Digital Deployment leaders to launch solutions into the business, including communications, marketing, and training.
- Promote Marsh’s digital analytics strategy and benefits to business leaders, client-facing colleagues and strategic clients; this would include articulating how Blue[i] fits into the overall Analytics proposition, and defining when and how digital applications should be used.
- Creating an effective feedback loop with clients and colleagues to support agile development of Blue[i] Analytics solutions and measure and monitor success reporting on key metrics to key stakeholders.
Blue[i] is Marsh’s next-generation analytics suite of digital solutions that delivers our industry-leading data and actionable insights through an intuitive, interactive, and engaging platform, allowing you to make critical business decisions with confidence.
You also have the option to gain exposure to projects in other areas of Marsh Advisory though optional rotations e.g. in Consulting, Analytics, Claims, Captives, Sales, Digital & Innovation, and the Financial Solutions Group.
During the two year programme, we offer you the chance to rapidly develop professionally and personally, working side-by-side with our business leaders and learning on the job. In addition you will have access to the guidance, support and training to enable you to achieve your short-term and long-term career goals.
What’s in it for you?
- Accelerated development in your career with a global leader in insurance broking and risk management.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including excellent pension contribution and 27 days holidays.
- Join and work alongside a large graduate cohort, share your experiences and build a network with other graduates across various locations.
- Access to Employee Resource Groups which promote the many backgrounds and perspectives of our colleagues.
- Volunteer and mentoring opportunities.
- Flexible working.
- Sponsorship through professional qualifications.
What you need to
- Hold, or on track to achieve, a 2:1 or higher in your degree
- For Analytics, Actuarial Analyst and Quantitative Risk Analyst: a numerate degree is required.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and solve problems.
- Ability to work in teams and cultivate relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Be eligible to work in the UK or Republic of Ireland (no visa sponsorship provided)
What makes you stand out (but is not essential)
- Previous work experience in any of the following areas: risk management, insurance, engineering, law, claims, health and safety, construction, analytics
- Additional languages
- Coding skills would be desirable especially in VBA, SQL, R or Python.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive.