Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) Sales & Consulting Academy Graduate Programme September 2024
Mercer is part of the Marsh McLennan family and at Mercer, we believe in building brighter futures. Together, we’re redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement, and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being.
Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) is the largest benefits consultancy in the UK and we work with clients to design the best benefits package for their employees. MMB offer our clients a wide range of employee benefits consulting, brokerage and digital solutions, all of which are designed to improve the benefits experience for our client’s most valuable asset – their people.
The nature of the employee benefits industry is changing, and at MMB we are excited to be leading this change. The MMB Consulting & Sales Academy is designed to deliver against our home-grown talent strategy with a choice of pathways to a career in consulting and sales. We are now looking for candidates to join the new 18 month MMB Consulting & Sales Academy. The MMB Academy offers an accelerated learning programme and comes at an exciting time to join MMB. If you want to tackle new challenges, develop a breadth of skills, be a part of a growing business and have fun at the same time, read on!
For more information about MMB, visit Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) | Mercer UK.
What can you expect?
- Successful candidates will spend 18 months on an accelerated learning journey across both consulting and sales pathways
- Led by internal subject matter experts, and our external training partner, you will learn both ‘the art and the science’ of consulting and sales within an MMB framework, and embed this learning through alignment with industry-leading consulting and sales professionals
- You will gain industry recognised Certificate of Insurance (CII) accreditation within the 18 month programme
- You will also gain a formal Level 4 apprenticeship qualification and Institute of Sales Professionals accreditation
- Making an impact – we work with major organisations and our work impacts millions of people every day (it’s true, we’ve done the maths!)
What you will be rewarded with?
- Competitive salary and accelerated career progression, with a permanent full-time role upon graduating from the Academy
- Exposure to working with some of the best people in the industry, with a focus on consulting and sales skills
- Combination of on-the-job learning, working on real projects with real clients, a skills development programme and formal, government approved, professional qualification
- Throughout the programme, you will receive support from a dedicated line manager and mentor, as well as professional exam support for the CII qualification
- We offer a hybrid working model that nurtures a collaborative working environment in the office 3 days a week and remote work for 2 days a week
- Competitive Benefits Package including: 25 days annual leave, volunteering opportunities, up to 4 days of flexible bank holidays, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
- We provide access to Employee Resource Groups that create supportive communities around various topics, including race & ethnicity, disabilities, and gender. These groups hold events to raise awareness and mark significant events in the calendar
We will rely on you to
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to your work every day and embrace the varied learning curriculum.
- Develop and maintain the required technical knowledge and soft skills
- Successfully gain your CII accreditation (study time is factored in to the overall academy programme)
- Build and maintain a strong internal network within MMB and across Marsh McLennan
What you need to have
- To be eligible for this position, you must be on track to achieve or have already achieved a minimum of a 2:1 in your degree discipline.
- Right to Work in the UK (we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role)
What makes you stand out
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with a drive to make a positive impact
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with intellectual curiosity
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt to changing client needs
- Relevant understanding of consulting and/or brokerage solutions and delivery, as well as the sales process from lead generation to conversion.
- the ideal candidate should be resilient, driven, articulate, and highly motivated to drive growth.
Our application process
- Apply by submitting your CV and completing a short questionnaire
- If you meet our criteria, you will be asked to complete a Video Interview & Gamification tests
- If successful, you will be invited to the final stage; an in-person or virtual Assessment Centre between March and April 2024
- We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments during our recruitment process. If you need assistance during the process, please reach out to us.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s approximately 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with more than 85,000 colleagues and annual revenue of over $20 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit mercer.com. Follow Mercer on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age background, civil partnership status, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, gender reassignment, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin color, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments in accordance with applicable law to any candidate with a disability to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. If you have a disability that may require reasonable adjustments, please contact us at TAUK@mmc.com
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one “anchor day” per week on which their full team will be together in person.