NERA Research Officer/ Economic Analyst - 2021
We are looking for talented individuals to join our Energy, Environment, Communication and Infrastructure (EECI) practice in London.
NERA Economic Consulting (http://www.nera.com/) is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For half a century, NERA’s economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. We bring academic rigor, objectivity, and real world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation.
NERA’s clients value our ability to apply and communicate state-of-the-art approaches clearly and convincingly, our commitment to deliver unbiased findings, and our reputation for quality and independence. Our clients rely on the integrity and skills of our unparalleled team of economists and other experts backed by the resources and reliability of one of the world’s largest economic consultancies. With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from more than 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
NERA provides an environment in which dedication to client and project success, individual professional development, and fun are at the forefront. The work environment is collegial, and there are numerous opportunities to learn and connect with staff at all levels.
Examples of our work might involve the evaluation of climate change and energy policies, including emissions, renewable energy and energy efficiency policies; the assessment of economic impacts including costs, benefits and other social effects of a wide variety of energy and environmental policies and regulations to markets, businesses and assets; auction design and/or simulation, and competitors’ analysis; the development of pricing systems for transport infrastructure and the creation of economic critical expert reports in lawsuits and arbitration procedures.
Research Officers and Economic Analysts at NERA will have the opportunity to:
- Apply the technical skills and knowledge gained during their graduate studies
- Conduct high-powered economic research across a wide variety of industries
- Perform and develop cutting-edge economic analysis on complex real-life issues
- Write research reports and prepare client presentations for senior staff and clients to help them make informed economic decisions
- Influence project strategy, including the preparation and presentation of oral and written submissions
- Collaborate with in-house experts and outside academics
- Develop and strengthen both project and people management skills
- Opportunity to develop and deliver internal training sessions
You will need
- To hold a BA/ BSc and a Master’s or PhD in Economics or Finance or related discipline with exceptional academic records. Although specialisms such as microeconomics, IO, econometrics and finance are of particular interest, NERA employs strong analytic and empirical economists from any field of speciality.
- To enjoy microeconomics and quantitative research
- To be comfortable working in Excel, Stata or other quantitative softwares
- To have strong attention to detail and be able to think analytically and critically
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken, and fluency in another language would be useful but is not essential
- To be able to work effectively both individually and in teams
What we offer
- Opportunity to work on high profile projects, so you can apply the knowledge and skills you have acquired during your studies to help solve real world problems
- Competitive salary and extensive benefits package including defined contribution pension and health insurance
- Support to develop through high-quality training
- A ‘buddy’ to help integrate you into the firm and support throughout
- Firm-sponsored social activities
- You may have the opportunity to travel