Graduate Structural Engineer Slough 2021
Project Centre, part of Marston Holdings, is a leading multi-disciplinary design, engineering and landscape architecture consultancy whose highly talented people are passionate about creating places that are attractive, innovative, sustainable and safe. Led by a forward-thinking management team we work together in multi-disciplinary teams that provide services that are well thought-out and sustainable. Our approach to integrated design produces award winning results that have won international recognition.
We are driven to deliver quality and have an accredited quality management system and thorough project management processes. Built into this is a commitment to provide the very best in sustainable design and we are consistently looking for ways to design in low carbon, sustainable measures. Health and safety is important to us and an integral part of our business practices, training and ethos. Recognising that our strength is the people we employ Project Centre is committed to equality of opportunity and employment, providing a workplace free of discrimination – we are also an Investors in People Champion.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Engineer to join our structural engineering team to help deliver planning, design and engineering services.
We are looking for a graduate with a relevant degree (BEng/ BSc) or equivalent qualifications for the role in the structures team. A Masters Degree (MEng / MSc) and any prior experience in the transport, highways or structures sectors are beneficial. The applicant should want to pursue professional accreditation with an engineering institution.
The role is based in our Slough Office, however due to current government guidelines, we are working remotely. Project Centre offer a Flexible Working Policy.
• Assist in the delivery of concept, preliminary & detailed highway structure designs
• Plan and undertake: Site surveys and structural inspections; complex data analysis; technical report writing; and management of project tasks
• Work closely with team members and Project Centre Ltd. (PCL) staff
• Adhere to PCL Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
• Actively pursue on the job and formal training opportunities that complement PCL business needs and your personal development plan.
• Be flexible and undertake any duties as and when required to assist in PCL operations.
• Managing local highway authority abnormal load movement requests
• Providing CAD support to projects
• Utilising client’s bridge management systems (structures databases)
• Keep up to date with Health & Safety, Environmental and Sustainability requirements
• Accredited Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
In return for your hard work and commitment
• £24,000 - £27,000 per annum (subject to experience)
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• Flexible working policy
• Private health
• Training and Development (support towards professional accreditation)