Industry & Services Data Analyst London 2021
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 750 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients daily. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients' business control and credibility. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services, public sector bodies and some of the largest FT Global organizations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure, you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
The Industry & Services team provides audit services to companies listed on the London Stock Exchange (FTSE 350, Small Cap, and Fledgling), AIM, and large companies/groups with turnover of more than £150m. The team also work closely with overseas teams to audit UK based subsidiaries of major global groups.
Teams within Industry & Services
The Industry group covers clients in a range of sectors including Manufacturing, Transport, Hospitality & Leisure, Energy & Utilities, Property and broadly any company providing a product to its clients.
The Services group covers clients in a range of sectors including Media, Technology, Retail, Professional Practices, and broadly any company providing services to its clients.
Are you an analytical, data-driven graduate? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions? This unique opportunity offers technical challenge, a creative open problem-solving environment, and quick responsibility and progression.
As a Data Analyst, your time would usually be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
The purpose of the position is to fundamentally unlock insights contained in data and create solutions to challenges related to the delivery of external audit.
What you'll do
- Work on Mazars' most strategic audit clients, including many high profile international listed companies – delivering full cycle external audits as part of the audit team. You will work in many different industry sectors including banking and insurance, retail and the automotive sector to name a few. Exposure to multiple sectors will provide you with a broad view and understanding of the economy.
- Innovation ambassador, promoting new ideas to our audit teams and working as part of a network of innovation champions. As part of this community you will be designing, developing and trialling new processes and technology.
- Complement your STEM degree with business application and knowledge, discovering how companies work, including processes, controls, accounting and reporting systems.
- Experience secondment opportunities to other departments within Mazars, where data science is critical; business areas may include quantitative services, actuarial, consulting and forensics – in the UK and overseas.
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions.
- A relevant masters; i.e. in business analytics, data-science, statistics or equivalent programme focused on data and analytics
- Data analytics skills from a related degree or experience (work experience is not essential)
- Keen interest in technology
- Strong work ethic; the desire to innovate, get things done, and to learn and progress.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to influence, build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research and solve problems.
- Independent; the ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Background in any programming language such as Java, Python, R
- Linux knowledge
- Knowledge of one: MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Postgre SQL
- Knowledge of any visualisation technologies such as Power-BI, QlikView, Tableau
We will fund your study towards the CFAB, following successful completion of this we will then go on to fund your study towards an MSc in Applied Data Science.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.