Business Chartered Manager Level 6 Higher Degree Apprenticeship Stevenage 2024
MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
What we can offer you
- Fully funded qualification starting September 2024
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Fully supported learning and development programme
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (plus up to 15 days flexi leave) and additional study leave for exams
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, but this will depend on project requirements and the need for access to specific site facilities.
Throughout the life cycle of our products, a multitude of skill and expertise is required. At MBDA our Business and Support functions cover a wide range of fields, with each one crucial for our continued growth and ensuring we deliver on our promises to our customers.
Our Business Degree Apprentices are given a unique insight in to various functions within MBDA. By the end of this four year programme you'll begin the next stage of their career in a part of the business that you've experienced, and are keen to continue developing in.
There are two streams within the Business Degree Apprenticeship that you may join. We will consider you for both unless you specify an interest in only one within your application.
In our Business stream you will experience placements in:
- Project Management – Work on a variety of projects and platforms to manage planning, costs and risk mitigation
- Commercial – Liaise with MBDA's customers, ensuring the correct commercial agreements are in place to support the winning and delivering against the overall business objectives. There is a large amount of legal and commercial knowledge available to support you within your placement.
- Procurement – Manage business relationships with UK and / or overseas suppliers and gain experience of subcontract management ensuring on time, on cost, on quality supplier performance. Develop your negotiating and influencing skills and build your internal and external network as part of your placement.
- Supply Chain – Gain experience in managing and improving supplier performance through risk assessments, ensuring that risks are identified, collected and effectively mitigated.
In our Sales and Business Development (SBD) stream placements will be focused more on engaging with the UK Ministry of Defence and International customers, gaining experience in developing product strategy, industrial strategy, communications, marketing and bid management.
In addition, you will spend each summer in one of MBDA's international offices! (Subject to any restrictions).
You will study towards a BA (hons) degree in Business Management at the University of Hertfordshire for 4 years which will be fully funded by MBDA and is also accredited by the Chartered Management Institute.
You will attend university for one day a week and when you are not at university, you'll work within our business on rotational placements. This way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace. Course delivery will be a blend of virtual and face to face.
Find more details about the course here: https://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/degree-apprenticeships/chartered-manager-degree-apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an apprenticeship scheme that has developed winners of some of the most prestigious apprenticeship awards in the UK!
What we're looking for from you
This role has specific qualification and subject criteria so please make sure you carefully check your eligibility against this criteria before applying. We will not be able to consider applications from anyone that does not meet the following two requirements:
- 120 UCAS points achieved through:
- 3 B's or ABC at A level. The A levels can be in any subject.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in any subject (equivalent to DDM).
- T-Level in any subject (minimum grade of Merit).
- 5 x GCSES including Maths & English Language at Grade 9 – 4
Please note: We look at entry criteria based on your top three full A Levels or equivalent qualifications (BTEC/T Level). We do not include UCAS points gained from an Extended Project Qualification. Additionally, as an employer we set our own entry criteria based on the requirements of this role. This means that the criteria above can differ from the university/college.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.