Graduate Programmes 2021
YOU can make a difference, make history and make the future.
We offer two-year graduate schemes in a wide range of Business and Engineering areas. Our structured programmes allow you to progress your career by challenging yourself professionally and personally, all whilst playing a role in protecting national security.
During the scheme, you will complete four six-month placements around the business. Three of these will be within your specialist area and one can be external within the business or on secondment at another company. Rotational placements enable you to grow and develop by gaining valuable experience, learning from the best minds in the industry and creating a strong network.
We are committed to providing our graduates with everything they need to reach their full potential. This includes bespoke accredited training to support you in achieving a professional qualification. You will also benefit from the support of a 'Buddy' prior to starting and a Mentor to offer career advice.
Our graduate schemes provide you with a platform to put your university degree into action and further build your knowledge.
- Duration: 2 years (3 years for Finance Graduates).
- Start Date: September.
- Functions: Business or Engineering.
- Starting Salary: £26,500 Per Annum.
- Joining Bonus: £2,000 for a Bachelors degree or £2,500 for a Masters.
- Pay Review: Pay reviews every 6 months based on performance.
- Company Bonus: Annual discretionary payment based on overall company performance.
- Entry Requirements: Minimum 2.2. in a Business or Engineering Degree. Please check the job descripton when applying as these may vary.
- Structure: Four six-month rotational placements (three one-year placements for Finance Graduates).
- Locations: Stevenage, Bolton and Bristol.
- Qualifications: Experience and support with chartership.
- Completion: Progress to a permanant role within your department.
Training and Development
You can grow with MBDA. All graduates receive training to set the foundations of your career.
Early Careers Members from all MBDA sites meet together for a three-day interaction event in the first week. You can network with your new colleagues whilst learning more about MBDA. There will be a range of activities which will help you to build the core skills required to excel within your scheme.
Technical Foundation Course
This course introduces employees to the processes and technology used at MBDA to design, develop and manufacture missile systems. This is a technical based course but is open to all graduates to enhance their knowledge. This is a great insight for those on non-technical schemes to understand what other functions do.
Graduates take part in a five-day residential programme in the first year of the scheme. This is designed to develop your awareness and build your skills including influencing, communication, project management and presenting. There is also exciting outdoor activities and social evenings with your colleagues.
Foundation in Project Management
MBDA has a strong project management culture so it is important graduates understand the key principles and skills when working in project orientated teams. This course aims to develop competencies in project management applicable to most areas of the business.
STEM & Outreach
There is plenty of activities graduates can get involved in, such as events like Robot Rumble, careers fairs and school/university talks. These will aid your personal development, such as communication, mentoring and presentation skills.
Career Development Workshop
A workshop designed to help graduates take ownership of their career and design a path suited to them. This will take place at the end of the scheme to help in deciding a future role.
- Customer Support and Services
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Guidance, Control and Navigation
- Image Processing
- Integrated Systems Validation
- Manufacturing Test
- Missile Architecture
- Simulation and Modelling
- Systems Design
- Weapon Systems