Project Management & Project Control Undergraduate Placement 2024
MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
What we can offer you
- 10 month undergraduate placement starting September 2024
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- A placement that allows you to apply your university learning to real-world engineering projects and technologies
- Flexible working
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, but this will depend on project requirements and the need for access to specific site facilities. Typically you can expect to be onsite 2 - 3 days a week but this may flex on certain weeks to be more depending on business and team needs.
Throughout the life cycle of our products, it takes a range of people and skills to design and craft and deliver what we do for our end customer.
One of the most integral roles comes from our Project Management and Controls Function.
Project Management and Project Control work simultaneously with each other to deliver programmes of work and projects to customers and end users on time, within budget and to the agreed specification.
Working with partners throughout our organisation in a fast paced exciting and changing environment, you will be at the very centre of the project - Collating updates and information from all areas of the business - at all levels - to plan what to do next on a given project.
We have undergraduate placements available in both Project Control and Project Management – through our assessment process we will evaluate your behaviours, knowledge, skills and experience to determine the best scheme/ route for you.
You will help deliver exciting new sophisticated technology and engineering projects, gaining on the job training from experienced professional project managers and project controllers.
- Further develop your analytical skills to define and develop sophisticated plans, maintain work and cost breakdown structures and create a variety of performance reports.
- Learn to adapt your communication style for a variety of business partners - you will work with engineers and other business areas and external customers and project partners.
- Build on your influencing, communication, motivation and team building skills to encourage the wider project teams to meet schedule and cost objectives.
- Gain a broad understanding of the business through hands-on roles.
This varied role will involve;
- Updating project plans
- Preparing cost reports from the project which will be presented to senior management
- Updating Risk Registers.
- Working with metrics to identify and implement improvements in existing reporting methods as well as look at ways to improve the existing process for project planning.
- Identifying and locating project kit at a number of UK sites, travelling to the physical locations where necessary as well as preparing a “how to” guide on the documentation suite required for contracts.
You will gain experience in
- Fundamental Project Management skills such as communication, time management and organisation
- Supporting senior managers
- Presentation skills
- Influencing skills
- Creating and updating Risk Registers
- Programming and risk tools.
These roles are best suited to those studying a Business type degree with an interest in our products and the technical aspect of the projects we work on.
What we’re looking for from you
Studying for a degree in a Business Management based discipline.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.