Technical Support Engineer Placement 2021
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- You must be studying a Masters or Degree course that includes an Internship for 12 months.
- In this position, you will be part of one of our Technical Support teams, supporting customers throughout the world.
- You will work with some of McAfee's most valuable customers, assisting them in the use of McAfee products and services to the highest levels. The role consists of both reactive issue resolution and pro-active communication.
- You will be working with our customers to help them protect their organisations against cyber-attacks.
- You will provide advice and recommendations in advance, as well as assistance when their networks come under attack.
- You will be on the front line, working with both large and small customers experiencing problems with McAfee products.
- This is an ideal opportunity for an undergraduate with a passion for security and software defense technologies.
- You'll be surrounded by a team of experienced, specialists who are experts in helping our customers protect their most valuable assets using our leading-edge technologies.
- You will have 12 months to learn and develop your own experience with the assistance of expert coaching.
- You will experience working with our Business and Enterprise support team as well as some time with support management learning some valuable skills.
- We will be providing a solid grounding for anyone seeking a career in Information Security.
- We are a global leader in this field, and this opportunity will provide you with early exposure to real world incidents and attacks, alongside the experience of working within a world class software organisation.
As a Technical Support Engineer a typical day might include the following:
- Supporting our products, including information requests and managing customer technical issues to resolution, maintaining proactive communication at all times.
- Providing technical support for McAfee Business and/or Enterprise Support customers.
- Working on Service Request / Support allocations, as well as internal improvement projects.
- Provide administrative support, including producing reports for management.
- Log all activity associated with any Service Request in our CRM system so that a complete and thorough record is maintained for both the customer and McAfee.
- Liaising with internal global teams to identify and implement beneficial opportunities.
- The role will suit an enthusiastic and confident undergraduate with excellent communication skills, with a desire to learn new skills and work as part of a highly skilled support team.
You possess core skills like:
- Customer focus.
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in a required timeframe.
- Ability to integrate quickly with existing team so that maximum contribution to team goals can be achieved rapidly.
- Excellent methodical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to speak additional European language (DE/ES/IT/FR) will be considered a strong advantage
Company Benefits and Perks
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.