Global Finance Industrial Placement 2021
The twelve-month undergraduate work placement is for students who need to complete a work placement as part of their degree. You’ll work alongside experienced professionals within the Global Finance Team. You’ll have a fantastic opportunity to build and work on your accounting/finance and personal skills hence developing on-the-job experience in the business world. This is where long-term careers are built, developed and evolved. Where you can continuously learn, explore and apply the knowledge gained in the past two years at University. Dive into a career you can truly own and define. Factors which will make a real difference when you return for your last year at university.
What will my accountabilities be?
The role is a structured for a second year undergraduate university student on a four-year degree expecting to do a work placement in your third year
- Month End Accounting and Reporting – Variance analysis of the cost centers; Accounting Processes at month/quarter/year end; Management of the cost centre structure and department; General and Admin accounting and reporting
- Intercompany Accounting – Intercompany balance management between the various entities
- Trial Balance Review – Balance Sheet and P&L Review and Balance monitoring
- Accounts Payable Management – Invoicing Guidelines, Invoice processing and approval, Key contacts for some suppliers; Managing the online invoice approval matrix and Users List; Guidance to stakeholders
- Compliance - Purchase Orders for Global Technology spend and investment, New starters/Leavers Process; Monitoring of the T&E processes and controls in place; Finance Induction for new joiners
- Audit and Tax – Preparation of reports for quarterly VAT returns; Support tax compliance within the business; Assist the team with the financial audit preparation
- Planning and Projections – Assist with projections requirements and yearly planning
- Projects – Accounting, Finance and Tax Reporting projects based on the business needs, goals and vision
What Team will I be a part?
The new Intern will be part of the Accounting and Reporting Function of the Global Finance Team
Who are my customers?
- To collaborate closely with Global Finance colleagues based worldwide, internal corporate departments, markets and external suppliers
- Build collaborative relationships with the wider Finance team
Knowledge and Experience
What background do I need to have?
We are looking for a self-motivated and hardworking candidate to join our fast-paced finance team. You'll need to be a second year undergraduate university student on a four-year Accounting degree expecting to do a work placement in your third year with at least 3 B's (Or equivalent UCAS Points) at A-Level and a passion for Accounting and Finance.
In addition, you should be an enthusiastic and confident communicator as you will be liaising with colleagues based worldwide and dealing with queries that arise on the telephone and by email.
You must possess outstanding people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and different cultures.
- CV and cover letter submission
- First stage virtual Interview
- Virtual Assessment Day - including presentation, group task and interview
- Final Virtual Interview
Please submit your CV with a cover letter including a brief paragraph (300 word limit in total) answering the two questions listed below:
- What challenges do you think McDonald’s has faced with Covid19?
- Regarding our company values and the background requirement mentioned above, please let us know why you would be well suited to join the McDonald’s family?
- 52 weeks contract (June 2021 to June 2022)
- Competitive Placement with London living allowance upon the move to London
- 28 days' Annual Leave per year, plus bank holidays
- ‘Dress for your day’ Casual attire when working in our offices
- Plus discounts at major UK retailers