Finance Data Analyst Graduate Programme 2021
No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company”, we are looking for an Graduate Data Analyst to join our team.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to bring a complimentary technical developer skillset (relational / database theory with finance) to the financial planning and analysis team. The focus of this role will be on development and management of Microsoft Power Query / Power BI (M Code) financial models that underpin business planning, reporting and analysis for McLaren Automotive Limited.
This role reports to the financial planning manager. Successful fulfilment of this role will be ensuring that efficient and robust tools are in place that enable effective cross functional team work and collaboration and timely delivery of accurate financial reporting and analysis.
- Proactively review, develop and manage planning and reporting models and reports
- Support the preparation of material for executive team / board reports and meetings
- Assist the commercial and finance functions in developing and optimising cross functional data models
- Enhance visibility of supplier spend data and develop a supplier spend forecasting tool
- Writing specification documentation and data model maps etc.
- Ad hoc project / analytical work
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Computer Science with Business Finance Degree
- Advanced computer programming and database theory knowledge required (SQL Server, M-Code)
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills
- Finance / commercial experience (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with colleagues from varying backgrounds and levels of experience
- Fully committed to delivering projects or tasks as a team player
- Able and willing to work under pressure
- Proactive in taking own initiative with problem solving and continuous improvement
- Natural problem solver / rational thinker
- Developer expertise with an ambition to build a career within the finance / commercial business functions
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.