Sales & Management Trainee Programme 2021
Do you want to work for an entrepreneurial, international company? Are you curious about starting a career in consultative sales with the opportunity to develop your leadership qualities? Are you passionate about technology and media, and how they can help organisations today? Do you have a university degree and at least one year of experience working in a professional environment (sales or account management preferred but not essential)? Do you have exceptional communication skills and are you super ambitious with a hunger for success?
If your answer is YES to all of the above then we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently looking for ambitious professionals to join our growing sales and leadership program in Cardiff!
What is the role?
Our clients typically operate within the Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications departments. You'll work directly with decision-makers, in all industries, consulting on their media solutions. Meltwater isn’t a service that is used by just one industry, so you will get exposure to companies and organizations of all shapes and sizes, helping you expand your business acumen all the time. You will be responsible for the entire sales process, from prospecting to product demonstrations, to bringing clients onboard yourself – getting all of the credit for your hard work!
- Work in a team environment to drive Meltwater's revenue growth through consultative sales within the UK and Irish portfolio.
- Consult with companies on how they use news and social media data to inform strategy and decision making.
- Work towards a monthly sales revenue target, with the ability to earn unlimited commissions.
- Liaise closely with a mentor to ensure you are continuously developing your sales and leadership skills.
- You will see a rapid career progression!
- Successful consultants who have delivered excellent sales and leadership results will assume responsibility for a team of their own as a Sales Manager.
- Meltwater then offers its top managers the opportunity to run a business unit as a Managing Director. This opportunity can take place anywhere in the world, giving the Director the chance to move internationally depending on their experience and preference.
- If people management isn't your long term goal, then Meltwater also offers its top sellers the chance to move into an Account Executive role, before the opportunity to move into a Global Enterprise role.
What’s in it for you?
- Thorough training and continual coaching and development.
- Ability to develop valuable skills such as critical thinking, communication, negotiation, business acumen… The list goes on!
- Opportunity for rapid career progression - we only promote from within!
- Opportunity to transfer your career internationally.
- Competitive Compensation
- Great Pension Scheme
- Cash back health plan
- 20-25 days of Holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving office culture
What You'll Bring
- A University degree (any discipline), 2:1 or above
- Strong executive presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player mentality with the ability to work independently toward lofty goals
- Well rounded with varied interests, background and proven leadership experience
- Coachable, self-motivated, curious and resilient
- Excellent organisational skills including prioritisation, scheduling and time management
- Eligibility to legally work in the UK and Ireland
- Preferred but not essential 1+ years of work experience
Meltwater has gone from humble beginnings in Oslo, Norway in 2001 to the global leader in media intelligence with 30,000 global clients today. We provide solutions to help modern PR, communication, and marketing professionals better understand their current media landscape, both in the news & social media.
For almost 20 years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Our motto? When you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. There are 2,000 members of the Meltwater family residing in 55 offices across 25 countries around the world. No matter what office you’re in, you’ll be surrounded by the best colleagues you’ve ever had.
Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit through our 3 core values- Moro (fun), Enere (number one) and Respect (Respect). These founding principles stem from our Norweigan roots and are why Meltwater has been named a Great Place to Work in several markets across the globe. We have high energy, open concept offices that focus on teamwork and collaboration. We ensure our employees have easy access to management and learn quickly from those around them.
At Meltwater, the average isn’t good enough. Our goal is to build a groundbreaking company supported by a thriving culture in which our people aspire to exceed their personal expectations. We only promote our sales leadership team from within the company, and our goal is to facilitate your long-term professional growth.
Our work is fun, challenging and rewarding, and we’re looking for driven individuals, passionate about learning business by doing it.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.