Electronics Engineering Placement Brixworth 2024
Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains (HPP) are based in Brixworth, Northamptonshire where our highly talented and ambitious team are responsible for the design, manufacture, testing and racing of Formula 1 power units enjoying enormous success with our partner team Mercedes AMG F1 and customer teams. Additionally, we have our pioneering Advanced Technologies team who transfer F1 technologies and know-how into high performance automotive projects and products such as the Mercedes AMG Project One and the Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX. At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 12 month Electronics Engineering Programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story and ‘own your tenth of a second’. You will take ownership for delivering innovative engineering solutions that can go from concept to race track, sometimes in a matter of days. You will be an integral part of our Engineering Team, using strong first principles to overcome challenges throughout the powertrains lifecycle.
About the role
As a team we pride ourselves on developing our graduates with a rotation plan which will provide exposure to a breadth of engineering across a range of exciting projects spanning Formula 1 and Advanced Technology. During your time on the Graduate scheme, dependent on your skills, you may have time in some of the following departments throughout Formula 1 and Advanced Technologies:
- Electronics Engineering; pushing the boundaries of electrical efficiency, designing new electronic concepts for power train control, high power motor inverters, battery management systems, and DCDC converters; integration of sensors on to the power train, investigation of performance ideas and close collaboration with the mechanical team to achieve the best packaging electrically, thermally, and volumetrically.
- Test Engineering; strive to recreate the racetrack and race-car environment to make each experiment as representative as possible. Engineer test rigs to push the components and systems of the Power Unit to their absolute limit and validate the underpinning simulations
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of the world’s best engineers. You will get the opportunity to engineer solutions in world class facilities and, having been thoroughly proven at our Technology Centre. You will be able to see your ideas raced in F1, or powering pioneering road going Mercedes EV prototypes such as the EQXX. You will also have the opportunity to work towards chartered status with the IET and will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you throughout.
Our benefits package includes
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree, or above, in a relevant Electrical / Electronics Engineering / Software Engineering or related degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level, or equivalent disciplines, for example Maths or Sciences
- An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability and creativity
- The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
The application process
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Complete on-line psychometric testing
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment centre between November 2023– March 2024
- If successful your scheme will start on Monday 2 nd September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.