Engine Build Placement Brixworth 2024
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 12 month Build Placement programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. You will be an integral part of our Engineering Team, and using your practical engineering skills you will be expected to overcome challenges relating to the assembly of our Championship Winning Hybrid Power Unit. The Build Support Team have the responsibility of ensuring all of the Power Unit’s high precision components are assembled to exacting criteria, using highly repeatable methods that ensure that our standards of reliability are consistently achieved. Working in an environment where rapid response to change is integral to our success, your ability to react to a performance or development improvement will be the difference between us winning or not. As part of your Placement Scheme you will contribute to the final assembly and shipping of elements of our Hybrid Power Unit in Formula 1.
About the role
You will be involved in working with the trackside team and getting ‘live’ feedback on the success of the work completed at the factory; this includes providing bespoke tooling and any updated processes to the teams who work on our Power unit. Finally, you will contribute to assembly improvement projects that your new found skills will allow you to identify, analyse and implement.
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, state of the art Research and Development centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of Formula 1’s best engineers. You will have access to our latest designs, which will give you exposure to F1 Engineering drawings or CAD models of real products. You will be involved in product build processes, engaging with our team to suggest solutions for continuous improvement, and you will have the scope to work on both mechanical and electronic or hybrid products.
Our benefits package includes
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll be on track to achieve a minimum of 2:1, or above, in an Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Automotive degree
- You will ideally have previous experience working with Siemens NX or Visual Basic
- You will need to be creative and innovative to overcome engineering challenges
- You will be adaptable as no two days are the same when there are pressures to be race ready
- You will be a team player, who can effectively communicate with senior managers as well as your peers.
- An interest in cars or racing is not a prerequisite, although the thirst for knowledge will help you to deliver
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
What to do next
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre which will take place between November 2023-March 2024
- If successful your scheme will start in August/September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.