Manufacturing Scheduling Placement Scheme Brixworth 2024
As a Manufacturing Scheduling Placement student you’ll see first-hand the breadth of engineering within Formula 1. You will be playing a big part in ensuring deadlines are met and the manufacturing team is working efficiently. To achieve this you will work closely with key stakeholders within manufacturing (manufacturing cells/quality/manufacturing engineering) and around the business (programme management/purchasing/finance) to help turn engineering designs into components in world leading timescales.
The role will include (but not be limited to)
- Production Order Management – Ensuring production orders are with operators in a timely manner and for the parts requested by the business
- Raw material management – Making sure raw material is available for the production orders when needed
- Scheduling – Working on which orders/parts should be prioritised
- Reporting – Reporting status to key stake holders throughout the business
- Subcontractor Management – Working on lead times with subcontractors to support business requirements
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology Centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of Formula 1’s best engineers, with the autonomy to engineer solutions from a clean sheet.
Our benefits package includes
- A salary of £23,500p/a
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A process orientated, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree or above in a relevant area of study
- A team player, able to build relationships across manufacturing and the wider business
- Good communication and project management skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach which will enable you to develop your skills
- An open and innovative mind, as most of the problems we solve are not run of the mill
- The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your knowledge and skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Practical, “hands-on” experience
- An understanding of engineering first principles is desirable but not essential
The application process
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre onsite at our factory.
- If successful your scheme will start in August/September 2024.
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.