Mercedes-Benz Vans Undergraduate Placement Data & Insight 2024
We’re on a mission to show the world how important vans are. From transporting football players to their championship finals and carrying the latest wardrobe trends to fashion runways, to delivering groceries to families' front doors and helping medical teams carry out life-saving treatments. We are an ambitious, like-minded commercial partner committed to keeping businesses and lives moving. How? By shaping the future of electric mobility with digital solutions that deliver best-in-class customer experience.
And to do this, we need more passionate people to join our brilliant team. So, if you consider yourself a driven and agile individual who thrives in learning new skills, pioneers new ideas and enjoys collaborating with others from different backgrounds, cultures and values, we want to hear from you.
About our data & insight undergraduate programme
If you are in your second year of University studying a business or finance related subject, and are seeking an opportunity where you can gain real business experience, then the Mercedes-Benz Vans data & insight undergraduate programme could be for you. Our 13 month programme will give you the opportunity to put your numeracy and excel skills to the test. Your week could look something like this:
- Maintain the monthly reporting schedules, including report ownership, data processing and report publishing
- Support the team of Insight Business Partners to interrogate data, create visualisations and present your findings to relevant business stakeholders across the division
- Develop and utilise automation tools to create efficiencies in our data processing to speed up analytics delivery and increase our data accuracy
- Support the Sales Planning team with ad-hoc data and analysis
- Support the Data & Insight team with administrative duties for our insight platforms and central inboxes
This programme has been designed to have the perfect blend of professional and personal development to ensure the successful candidate is empowered to become a well-rounded professional. But don't just take our word for it, check out our careers page to see what life is like at Mercedes-Benz.
Our undergraduate programme has a fixed start date, commencing 5 August 2024.
What’s on offer?
- Thirteen month programme based in our offices in Milton Keynes
- Mentorships from some of the most forward-thinking automotive professionals
- Networking opportunities
- Industry insight and events
Some of the skills you can expect to gain:
- Real-world business knowledge
- Commercial acumen
- And of course, van product and industry knowledge
As well as the opportunity to work in a fun, fast-paced environment, with a great team and culture, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Currently studying for a degree with an expected 2:1 grade or above
- Currently studying a degree that enables you to complete a year in industry before you graduate
- Medium – advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organisational skills
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional numerical and interpersonal skills
- The curiosity to learn, and seek new ideas and perspectives
- Passion for automotive and digital trends
How to apply
There has never been a better time to join our organisation due to the continuous radical but exciting changes taking place in the automotive sector. We champion inclusivity, respect and equal opportunities, so, if you’re up for the challenge, what are you waiting for?
Once you click apply, we’ll take you through to the Mercedes-Benz Group careers portal – this is our parent company site, so don’t worry, you’re in safe hands. Here, you’ll find a short application form to complete.
Please be assured that we’re here to support you throughout the recruitment process and beyond, and reasonable adjustments are available to any candidates who need them. We’re also open to working flexibly and are happy to discuss flexible working options.
Due to UK legislation, we need to let you know that we can only accept applications from those with the right to work in the UK.