Junior Marketing Data Analyst Role
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Our Analytics Team is hiring across numerous teams and locations. (thanks to some awesome client wins!), we're now hiring in both our Edinburgh and London offices. Although this role is for someone looking to combine a love of data with a passion for digital marketing campaigns. We are also looking for people who want to work in:
- Technical Marketing Analytics https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/MerkleInc/743999703901790-junior-technical-analyst-london-immediate-start
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/MerkleInc/743999703098830-junior-cro-analyst-london-immediate-start
Please only apply for one but feel free to browse them all to see which you are best suited to.
If you’re a logical, data-driven individual with experience working with a passion for data (either modelling it, analysing it or compiling it) this role could be right for you. The Insights Team in our Analytics Department are growing. We’re on the lookout for Marketing Data Analysts to help drive performance on our clients marketing campaigns. This role is for someone who wants to start in March 2020. This is an entry level role perfect for a recent graduate, someone whose been an apprentice or been working with data or someone with under a years’ experience.
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you’ll be part of our industry-leading Analytics department. Our data analysts to a variety of tasks. You could be spending your day analysing data from different marketing platforms using the tools we have at our disposal, to create useable insights that can enhance clients marketing strategies. In the role, you will work closely with clients to understand their business needs and provide insight to achieve them using various methods, including web analytics data, media data and an in-depth knowledge of Merkle capabilities. It's important that as a Marketing Data Analyst in this role you have an interest in both collecting, manipulating and analysing data and understanding how media and marketing campaigns work.
What is Digital / Data Analytics?
Digital Analytics can be used simply to measure what’s happening, but its true value arises when the data is used to gain insights in to how the business ticks and to inform improvements to processes and service offerings.
Your role will involve working with data. In terms of tasks, all our data analysts have different tasks, some love organising and manipulating the data, while others prefer analysing it. As a data analyst you could be analysing and generating insight from clients’ data (for example from their websites or their CRM data), with the view to driving positive change across their marketing channels. Your primary sources of data could be Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google BigQuery and Attribution 360. Or you could be designing and deploying mapped data sets across a client’s marketing channels, analysing and generating insights from their data, and driving positive change across their business. Tools you may use to do this include Datorama and Tableau alongside our own proprietary tools. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with all of these, as we’ll provide full training, but any previous experience will be looked upon favourably!
You will also have exposure to attribution and get involved with helping clients to gain a better understanding of their media performance and business opportunities.
Life as a Data Analyst
Working with us you could be working on any or all of the below. Our Data Analysts work across a specturm of different tasks within the business be it modelling data, analysing it, manipulating, interpreting, or looking for insights within it to impact marketing campaigns.
Some of the tasks you could be doing involve:
- Have hands on analysis of client data, identifying patterns, insight and action from google tools and marketing stack mentioned above.
- Analyse media data to build data-driven attribution models and other models to support marketing decisions and budget allocation.
- Educate clients as to the different attribution and insights processes and tools used within the different platforms.
- Work with clients to develop their required measurement strategy using Google Analytics and Google Attribution.
- Build a roadmap of analysis projects for your clients and working to deliver against that
- Lead account management, written / face to face contact with clients daily
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop our in-house talent, thereby offering the successful candidate a fulfilling and long-lasting career.
We’re mainly looking for someone who loves data and is passionate about digital marketing and having a role that combines both, but we do have a few key things this candidate must have, others are just a bonus:
- A passion for digital marketing and an enthusaiam to use data to help enhance the performance of digital marketing campaigns.
- Either previous work experience, a relevant apprenticeship or a degree from an accredited college or university in Mathematics, Economics or similar.
- Understanding of what data is required to generate insights
- A curious mind-set and a desire to interrogate data
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- An aptitude to interpret data to understand how it can be optimised and how it fits into the wider marketing mix.
- An ability to engage clients, capable of instigating and monitoring change management within an organisation.
- Logical thinker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skills that would be a bonus
- Experience working with code or modelling practises.
- Experience with SQL, R or Python
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Make sure to blow us away with your in-depth research before your first interview!
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.