Junior Technical Analyst
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Our Analytics Team is hiring across numerous teams (thanks to some awesome client wins!). Plus we're now hiring in both our Edinburgh and London offices. This role is for someone looking to combine technical coding skills with digital analytics. We are also looking for people who want to work in:
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/MerkleInc/743999703098830-junior-cro-analyst-london-immediate-start
As an Analyst in our Solutions team you will get hands on experience with different analytics, ad tech and marketing tools to drive insight and performance for our clients. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon. You will be involved end-to-end from assessing client requirements & crafting measurement solutions through to implementing tracking in a range of platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch.
This role offers a perfect balance of client interaction, critical thinking and hands-on coding.
Life as a member of the Analytics Solutions Team
You will get your hands dirty from day one as you begin our fantastic training programme. In hardly any time, you’ll be an expert in our field and your role will cover the full spectrum of technical solutions work:
- Devising tracking and reporting frameworks that provide data to a wide range of digital platforms, including Google Analytics, DoubleClick and Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
- Implementation of these plans using tag management tools such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch
- Liaison with our client’s developers to implement on-site data layers that support our data collection activities
- Working with APIs and developing scripts to integrate datasets and build reporting & visualisation tools
- Support of A/B testing build work using customer experience optimization tools such as Optimizely, Optimize and VWO
- Hands on analysis of our client’s data to surface actionable insight regarding their website and marketing performance
- Building and maintaining client relationships through day-to-day account management, both written and via face to face contact
- Working autonomously and as a team, with time management a critical attribute
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop each individual, so they build a long-lasting career with us.
What you MUST have
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Logical thinker
- Good attention to detail
What’s an added bonus
- Background developing websites or applications is desirable but not required. We just want to see a passion or all things tech!
- GA is our primary tool of choice so knowledge of the platform is great, but not required (you can always do research before the interview!).
Essentially, we’re looking for intelligent, data-loving, coding obsessed, logical candidates!
We welcome new joiners from all backgrounds; you can be freshly graduated, someone with an apprenticeship or a person looking for a change of career. We're open to anyone whose passionate about analytics and Coding, who can display that passion and research throughout the interview process.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.