Accounts Junior (AAT part-qualified) 2021
We're looking for a driven and ambitious Accounts Junior to join our friendly Birmingham office.
You will display a flexible, confident and professional approach. Working for us, you'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and sectors.
As an Accounts Junior, you will be preparing statutory financial statements, updating client systems to align with signed accounts, as well as assisting with cloud accounting bookkeeping, VAT returns and management accounts preparation.
What's in it for you?
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days when on a training contract, option to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Agile working
- Managers bonus scheme
- And more!
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards from source documents/records to final accounts for review by Seniors and Managers.
- Prepare accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
- Adhere to proper accounting standards.
- Work on a wide range of accounts.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget.
- Meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain good client relations.
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information.
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client's expectations.
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting and accounting systems in use (including software).
Bookkeeping, VAT returns and Management Accounts
- Assistance with bookkeeping, VAT return preparation
- Prepare control account reconciliations and other month end procedures
- Prepare quarterly management accounts for onward submission to clients
Qualifications and Skills
- AAT level 3 or 4, ACCA or ACA minimum 1 year's experience
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment.
- Strong double entry knowledge and skill.
- Cloud based accounting systems knowledge including Sage, Xero,and Quickbooks
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Basic tax knowledge - awareness of how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT.
- Organisational/time management skills.
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across.
- Methodical and logical thinking.
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work within a team and to assist one another as and when required.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please make your application and one of the team will be in touch.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.