Customer Facing Technology: Partner Technology Strategist Placement
We see the future. A multi-billion-dollar aspiration for the UK subsidiary, enabled by our Partners, an ecosystem of Modern Partners driving digital transformation in our customers.
With a Partner market opportunity of over $100Bn, PB&D leads the ecosystem strategy; Capacity Planning in partnership with the business, Solution Maps aligned to Solution Areas and sales plays, optimized for co-selling. Skills and Readiness enabling Modern Partners, and accelerated business success through modern marketing, programmes, incentives and aligned GTM.
In partnership with the Commercial Marketing Team we’re aligned with and integrated into Customer conversations. We’re aligning the right resource to the right partner, going deep with few, focusing resource with prioritised Partners for hands-on, joint GTM and ensuring all Partners have support through scale engagement, digital and self-serve. Our goal is to empower our Partner ecosystem to grow their businesses. Together we’ll Create new markets, and we’ll Transform the Partner ecosystem to deliver customer lifetime value.
Our collective experiences make up how we are seen as a team to the wider Microsoft Organisation and Partners. Our people, programmes and communications all shape the perception of our team, through every interaction and touch point. Together, we’ve defined what it means to be the PB&D team. We are a team that is respectful, who listens to every individual, so we can leverage everyone’s strengths and develops our opportunities. A team that trusts each other and is transparent with our knowledge and actions. We bring our best selves to work, we contribute and follow through on our commitments. We earn people’s respect, creating fans that advocate on our behalf.
The PTS is at the forefront of our digital transformation efforts for our partners. The PTS plays a critical role in working with partners to align their technology roadmaps with Microsoft's technology priorities, working with them to build new solutions that enable customers to realize the vision of Digital Transformation. The PTS is a Credible Technical Advisor to Partners C-Suite technical and practice management executives sharing a compelling technical vision leading to Partners committing to building new practices based on Microsoft’s technologies. PTSs align partners technology roadmaps with Microsoft’s technology priorities and ensure the partner is ready to bring new solutions to market that drive significant growth in partner and Microsoft revenues.
The PTS Is a strategist yet stands out because of their Insights, Big Ideas, helps identify new market opportunities for partners on advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Open Source, Blockchain, Security & Compliance, Power Platform, GDPR and IOT that drives consumption for Microsoft Cloud Platforms (Azure, Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365).
The PTS works in partnership with the Partner Development Manager (PDM) through the `Build-With’ stages of the Partner Life-cycle engaging with Global System Integrators that include Advisory and Consulting Partners. Given the global nature of the partner business, the PTS collaborates with global Microsoft resources to drive the partner motion.
- You will build and maintain relationships with executive business and technical decision-makers.
- Articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s solutions.
- Develop a firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and product offerings relative to our major competitors
- Identifies and consults on the strategic alignment of partners towards Microsoft’s technology priorities and their technical readiness to address solution gaps as part of Industry solution mapping and capacity planning
- Helps to lead cross-technology team orchestration through the first mile, first 1-3 deals, to ensure partners are ready. Sees partners in action, giving feedback about ways to develop their skills, practices and methods
- Enable, manage, and implement, cutting edge and legacy technologies in large enterprises.
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a STEM related subject, Business/IT combined or have undertaken some technical training.
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing and presentation skills
- Customer relationship experience a plus
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity suite of tools a benefit
- Drive engagement with a customer and lead a team to support the sales process from initial engagement to sales to post sales usage of the product.
- Desire to make a positive impact on the world through technology and business solutions a must
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services