Human-AI Interaction Designer Internship
Project Tokyo aims to understand how to create visual agent technology that is both useful and usable in the real world by focusing on how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can help to augment people’s own capabilities. This dynamic, multi-disciplinary team explores these questions through human-centric technical innovation. We take an inclusive design approach focusing on our user needs, interests and abilities.
The Project Tokyo team, based at Microsoft Research, Cambridge (UK), is looking to hire an intern that is interested in exploring human-centric applications of AI for social good. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, the ability to collaborate with other disciplines and experience in interaction/UX/product/service design.
Candidates will be involved in a project with clear design outcomes that will certainly enrich their portfolio.
Internship duration: 12 weeks
- Supporting user research and testing.
- Exploring and developing concepts focused on novel applications of AI systems (scenarios, user journeys, flows, wireframes etc.)
- Clearly communicating design concepts to audiences with diverse skill sets.
- Collaborating and facilitating creative sessions within our multi-disciplinary team.
- We welcome students enrolled in a PhD program or outstanding Master’s students in design (interaction, UX, product, service etc.).
- Deep understanding of human-centred design processes and tools.
- Ability to deliver ‘concept prototypes’ (user flows, wireframes etc.).
- Exposure to graphic, web and multimedia software and applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- A systems thinker: comfortable dealing and making sense of complex information.
- Ability to communicate ideas to audiences with diverse skill sets.
- Strong interest in cutting-edge technology.
- Experience with interactive human-AI systems.
- Experience working with people with disabilities or other marginalized groups.
- A basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence and its capabilities.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to adapt to uncertainty and capacity to re-direct as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.