Sales: Pursuit Lead Placement
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
We are a relatively small (89 people in the team), but diverse group of people geographically dispersed everywhere from London to Johannesburg and many points in between. We come from a multitude of backgrounds and embrace our diversity as it mirrors that of the enterprise customers we work with throughout the region. We call ourselves the ‘Wolfpack’ and take pride in working closely together for the betterment of all. Success in GPO EMEA is measured based on the impact we have on our customers and on the impact that we have through others, so you will find many helpful colleagues. You will find a concentration of Pursuit Leads and several members of the leadership team based in the UK (in Thames Valley Park in Reading when we are able) although we have all adjusted to working from home throughout the pandemic. We are a social bunch and tend to chat and video call throughout the workday including virtual coffee’s and daily triage calls. The GPO EMEA Wolfpack is a dynamic team looking to be stretched and challenged and we would love to welcome you to the pack.
Pursuit Lead Role Overview
The Pursuit Lead (PL) is responsible for supporting the consulting presales process by shaping and scoping deals to satisfy customer's requirements as a part of our Global Pursuit Organisation (GPO). The PL works with enterprise account aligned sales teams to understand customer needs and requirements, and leads domain delivery resources through the pre-sales activities including designing a solution (architecture, approach, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimating cost and cloud consumption, business value, etc.) to meet the customer’s desired outcomes.
- Is a key participant in driving sales growth for Microsoft Consulting Services - collaborating with area aligned account teams to provide meaningful cloud solutions to enterprise customer’s business challenges across Europe, Middle-East, and Africa (EMEA)
- Ensures deal information provided to customers is compliant with Microsoft Services policies and processes and aligned with our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Defines and scopes an appropriate solution to meet customer requirements by ensuring re-use of Intellectual Property (IP) and having a solution and industry approach when possible.
- Works closely with the Sales Executive and Solution Architect during the phases of Deal Management, assisting the Sales Executive with cost estimation, resource management as pre-staffing, risk management estimation, expectation management, etc. and coordinating development of the Statement of Work (SOW), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and resulting work order (WO).
- Is responsible to drive the deal development process through various tools from the estimation to the engagement setup.
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing and presentation skills
- Customer relationship experience a plus
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity suite of tools a benefit
- Deal shaping/Professional Services/Consulting experience a plus
- Desire to make a positive impact on the world through technology and business solutions a must
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services