Risk Internship London 2024
The Risk team is responsible for monitoring and managing the overall market, credit and liquidity risks faced by the Firm in its course of business, and ensuring that Portfolio Managers adhere to their investment objectives and risk parameters. Risk Management monitors Firm-wide trading on a daily, intra-day, and periodic basis to determine sector, market capitalization, dividend yield, style factor, FX, interest rate and credit exposures, as well as specific concentration and liquidity issues for traders and any trading deviations.
The intern will be exposed to the various functions of the Risk department and gain firsthand experience of the support provided to senior management, the trading desk and the portfolio management teams. The intern will be responsible for ad hoc daily functions as well as medium-term projects.
- Work alongside the European Risk team on daily risk monitoring and reporting tasks
- Gain knowledge around different categories of risk exposure across a broad range of asset classes including Equities, Rates, FX, Credit, Commodities
- Obtain a good understanding of Risk systems on a leading hedge fund platform
- Work with the Risk Technology team contributing to application development and project management
- Provide ad-hoc analysis in support of Portfolio Managers’ requests to enhance their investment process
- Work with Middle Office, Operations, Compliance to understand their requirements and manage issues
- Own and deliver a time-bound project with direct benefits to the Risk group
For this role, students at post graduate level who are interested in a future career at a top-tier alternative asset financial services firm are also encouraged to apply. Finance or Economics related degrees are preferred. Some experience in data modelling and strong Excel skills are essential; VBA, SQL, Python are a plus. Strong quantitative skills: basic statistics and probability, familiarity with stochastics a plus.
Requirements for our programme
- Students in their penultimate year who are interested in a future career at a top-tier alternative asset financial services firm
- Minimum of 2:1 grade or higher
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to adapt to any situation quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strives to drive continuous improvement
- Hardworking, friendly, honest, enthusiastic