Technology Support & Infrastructure Analyst
Mondrian is a privately owned, value-oriented asset manager with offices in London and Philadelphia. There are approximately 175 employees, the majority working in the London head office.
The Technology Department, based in London, is responsible for the design, build and maintenance of Mondrian’s Technology Infrastructure Platform, Business Application Suite, and provision of technical support for all users. The department is divided into two teams:
- Support & Infrastructure
- Business Applications
The majority of Technology services are hosted in-house with minimal reliance on vendors, so the roles cover most typical technical disciplines, across the full enterprise technology stack.
A strong work ethic and commitment to the team is essential, as responsive out-of-hours support is expected as well as rotating weekend work for routine maintenance, installations etc.
Candidates should be well presented, and strong communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interact comfortably with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Man the support desk, answering technical support calls by phone, Zoom, email and in person.
- Follow the incident management process, logging new incidents, ensuring timely resolution of incidents and good communication with internal clients.
- Provide remote support to Mondrian’s US Office, satellite offices and roaming users as required.
- Complete scheduled checklists, according to instructions, ensuring that checks are completed accurately and consistently.
- Complete Systems Administration and Maintenance tasks, according to the published maintenance schedule, across a broad range of Infrastructure Systems and Business Applications
- Complete project work as assigned by the line manager, to be undertaken around business-as-usual support duties, according to the team project schedule. Project work will generally involve configuration or upgrades of existing systems, deployment of new systems, or researching new technology.
- Implement technical changes according to the Change Management policy, following the CM process and exercising due diligence at all times.
- Participate in DR Testing & Business Continuity exercises in line with Mondrian’s Business Continuity Planning.
- Participate in weekly meetings, updating the group on any significant incidents, project work and changes.
- Colleagues in the Technology Department
- Internal Clients, i.e. all staff across the entire business.
- Technology Vendors
We look for candidates who are eager to make an impact and fulfil the below requirements:
- Available to start in September 2021
- Hold a Technical degree (e.g Computer Science, Information Technology etc)
- General aptitude for technical work, good knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Any exposure to enterprise technology is desirable
- Good communications skills, written and verbal
- Able to collaborate and communicates efficiently and effectively within a team
Specialist Skills & Role Development Opportunities:
This is an entry level role in Mondrian’s busy Technology Department, and will provide exposure to the full range of technology in use. After an initial training period of 6-12 months, new 1st Line employees are given the opportunity to develop specialised skills and pursue a technical career path.
The options for skills and role development are as follows:
- Develop specialised skills in the design, implementation and maintenance of Mondrian’s Infrastructure platform.
- Skills include Networking, Servers & Storage, Microsoft AD & Exchange, CyberSecurity, Desktop Computing, Admin Automation / DevOps.
- Provides a career path to the Infrastructure Engineer / 2nd Line Support role.
Databases & Business Applications
- Develop specialised skills in Database Administration and Application Support for Mondrian’s suite of Business Applications.
- Skills include Microsoft SQL Server administration, DevOps automation, Job Scheduling / Batch Processing etc, alongside detailed knowledge of a wide variety of Financial Services applications.
- Provides a career path to the DBA & Applications Engineer / 2nd Line Support role
- Develop specialised skills in Software Development, Application Integration, Business Analysis and Project Management.
- Skills include general software development disciplines, focussing on Microsoft technologies including .NET, T-SQL, VBA and Powershell.
- Provides a career path to the Software Developer / 3rd Line Support role.
We offer a highly competitive graduate benefits package, including, but not limited to:
- Competitve Salary + discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Scheme - 15% Non-contributory
- Private medical, health, and life insurance
- Dental care
- Gym subsidy
- Season ticket loan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Personal Accident Cover
There are 3 stages to the Mondrian Graduate recruitment process as follows:
- Online application, including CV upload, and numerical test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre