Junior iOS Developer London 2024
At Moneybox, we’re helping people turn their money into something greater. We launched our award-winning app back in 2016, and made waves with our now famous round-ups feature, which helped thousands of people start investing with just their spare change.
Fast forward to today, and we’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services together into one simple app. So people can reach their goals and build wealth with confidence, whatever their starting point. With a range of free tools, educational content, and award-winning customer support, we’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people all across the UK.
What you'll do
The position will be responsible for supporting the Lead iOS Developer to work on the iOS application. You will help to create a reliable application that makes investing simple and enjoyable for users. You will be involved in the whole life cycle from suggesting new features to releasing the application:
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the wider team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality and organisation
Who you are
- Someone who is excited about making an application you would use personally that helps make saving and investing easier and more accessible.
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Interested in all areas of the business and enjoys hearing about what other team members are working on.
- Genuine interest in financial technology.
- Constantly looking to improve all areas that you can affect.
- Excited about learning and experiencing new ways of thinking.
Experience and skills
- Hands on experience developing iOS apps (personal projects or through studies)
- Experience with Swift 5 and iOS frameworks, can produce clear and tidy source code which is easy to understand and follows familiar design patterns.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Experience of developing user interfaces with auto-layout.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
- At least 1 year of professional experience building iOS applications collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, and other Software engineers.
- Experience with modern design patterns such as MVP, MVVM, VIPER etc.
- Applied knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Computer science or related degree.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Familiarity with unit testing.
- Applied knowledge of software engineering best practices and software development methodologies. e.g. Scrum.
- At least one app in the App store.
Please read before you apply! By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future.
Your application will be subject to criminal record and adverse credit history checks (such as CCJs, IVAs and bankruptcy). As a regulated financial business, an adverse financial history could impact your suitability for the role. If you are aware of anything that could affect your suitability for the role, please let us know.