2021 Investment Management Off Cycle Internship - International Equity
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has about $500 billion in assets under management or supervision. With 645 investment professionals worldwide, and 37 offices in 21 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channelling the strength of our global presence and resources. To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, Active Fundamental Equity, Private Credit & Equity, Global Fixed Income, and Global Liquidity. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Opportunities exist across the following Investment Teams:
- International Equity: The International Equity Team in London offers opportunity to join world class equity boutique including firm training and networking as well as on the desk training. Responsibilities will include researching a variety of equity sectors and contributing to idea generation and portfolio management of international and global portfolios.
- Fixed Income: The London-based group of the Fixed Income team works closely with their Global colleagues (New York, Tokyo and Singapore) to manage the risk for European-based portfolios, generates ideas for Global portfolios, and works with the other functions within MSIM to provide high quality, professional support both to internal and external clients.
The role is designed to provide broad-based support to the team’s investors, credit analysts and client-facing staff. This involves a range of analytical, client-service and marketing-related tasks. The role includes dealing with client reporting, creating materials, assisting with the completion of requests for proposals (RFPs), and answering general client requests. The successful candidate will have the scope to add value to a growing team, and the opportunity to grow his/her investment knowledge significantly by sitting at the heart of an experienced global investment team.
You are pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degree, minimum 2.1
• Solid foundation in business, finance and/or related fields, evidenced by a relevant degree, appropriate industry qualification and/or relevant work experience.
• Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. An ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages would be an advantage.
• Attention to detail, and focus on producing high-quality output.
• Analytical skills and the ability to present your conclusions in a clear and well-structured manner.
• High degree of self-motivation, curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability to work and think independently, and to operate successfully within a team-based approach.
• Good knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.