2021 Market Risk Full Time Analyst Program
The Market Risk Analyst Program is an intensive, hands-on experience. You will be exposed to all areas of the department and become an important member of the team, charged with rapidly increasing levels of responsibility under the guidance of more experienced colleagues.
The Program has been designed to give you exposure to the full range of the Firm's products, as quickly as possible. You will find yourself on a very steep learning curve, beginning with a four-week training program covering both technical and soft skills. Once you join your team, you will begin an extensive on-the-job training program.
- Report Firmwide risk covering global activities, via reports and presentations.
- Gain an appreciation for risk management and governance processes.
- Understand and analyse risk representation of various traded products and other investments.
- Assist in methodology and research related to market risk models such as Value-at-Risk.
- Understand issues surrounding regulatory and economic capital for market risk.
- Represent the Market Risk department at cross-functional working groups, and engage in extensive project work.
- An excellent academic background or strong analytical background.
- Candidates are expected to be proactive and are able to demonstrate diligence as well as strong quantitative and investigative skills.
- Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will also be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
- Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.