Investment Management Off-cycle Internship (Infrastructure Fund) London 2024
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has about $1.4 trillion in assets under management or supervision. With 1,343 investment professionals worldwide, and 54 offices in 25 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channelling the strength of our global presence and resources. To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, Active Fundamental Equity, Private Credit & Equity, Global Fixed Income, and Global Liquidity. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
About the role
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”) is a leading global infrastructure investment platform, with teams in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Melbourne. With over $7.6 billion in assets under management, MSIP has a strong track record of investing over the last ten years in the transportation, energy & utilities, and telecom sectors globally.
The Off-Cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Investment Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a short period. This internship will offer you an exciting and a dynamic work environment where you get to work alongside our diverse group of experienced professionals. The work that you do will be interesting and varied.
The internship will commence in the Jan 2024 and typically lasts six to twelve months.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
- Assist in the execution of new investment opportunities
- Assist with managing existing portfolio companies, monetisation of portfolio investments, and raising additional funds.
- Preparing investment appraisal presentations.
- Assist in conducting asset due diligence.
- Executing background analyses for investment theses.
- Primary responsibility for financial modelling and valuation.
- Assisting in identifying, hiring and managing external advisors.
- Assist other team members to measure and monitor the performance of portfolio companies, as well as help to implement operational changes and monetisation.
- Assisting to prepare materials for meetings with potential investors.
Qualifications/ skills/ requirements
- You have graduated from university or able to take the time off to commit for a full time internship role for six to twelve months if you are currently in study
- You are proactive, with ability to take on a high degree of responsibility and to execute critical work streams with limited supervision.
- You are motivated to work in a buyside team with particular focus on value creation through operational improvements.
- You have the ability to think critically and in a considered manner in order to assess investment opportunities.
- You possess outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong team ethic that will enable the candidate to build and maintain a broad network within the global MSIP team as well as with advisors and partners.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to speak European language is a strong preference.
- Financial modelling skills and previous M&A experience (origination, execution, due diligence, financing) are a bonus.
- Sector experience (Energy & Utilities, Transportation, Telecom) is beneficial