IT Service Desk Analyst Placement
We offer exciting 12-month placement opportunities for university students approaching their penultimate study year and who are looking for an industry placement as part of their degree. A placement with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects that help on our mission to save and improve lives, all whilst working alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Who are we
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the third year running.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Working in a professional and friendly environment, will provide you the opportunity to gain practical experience in an IT Service Desk Analyst (Infrastructure) role and will help build a strong foundation for success in your future. Throughout your twelve-month placement at our company, you will be provided with the opportunity to support, develop and improve our Infrastructure systems and processes and will have the opportunities to travel to other company sites.
Resolve and Manage IT Assistance Requests
- Management and resolution of helpdesk cases logged by users across site
- Be able to devise technical and creative solutions to user issues
- Prepare detailed notes and reports for users through the steps they can take to resolve software and hardware issues
- Be able to set priorities when handling multiple cases
Involvement in key projects for continuous improvement of computing and network technologies on site:
- Development of new business systems to meet business specifications, project timescales and users’ expectations
- Provide technical expertise to implement and integrate new and existing systems and technologies
- Opportunity to work in an Agile environment to deliver business demands and drive business value
- Opportunity to manage and deliver your own projects with guidance from your mentor
Maintain compliance to our Company’s Corporate and Regulatory guidelines for IT systems:
- Ensuring all necessary training is completed and documented successfully
- Maintain detailed records of user issues with software and hardware
- Production of accompanying documentation for the implementation of new systems
- Adherence to our Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in everything you do
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying towards a degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Demonstrates analytical and technical ability
- Excellent computer skills
- Displays attention to detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 2016 (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
How to apply
- Please complete the online application form and attach an editable CV and cover letter (not a PDF, please submit the CV and cover letter as 1 document).
- In your cover letter we would encourage you to answer the following questions; Why are you applying to our company and why are you applying for this role?
- Additionally, you may include any additional information you feel further supports your application.
- Maximum word count for your cover letter: 300 – 400 words. Please do not exceed this.
- Our recruitment process for this role is: An online application, an online assessment, a telephone interview and then a final virtual assessment.