Global Markets Sales & Trading Analyst Programme 2021
Looking for talented, motivated & ambitious individuals to join our Sales teams & Trading teams within Global Markets starting in August 2021.
Applications close on 6 June 2021. Please note we are hiring on a rolling basis for this role and would encourage candidates to submit their applications early.
Who We Are
We are MUFG. With over 360 years of heritage and more than 180,000 employees in 50 countries, we’ve grown to become one of the top five banks in the world.
Our securities business offer a comprehensive product suite to clients around the world through five key business lines in the primary and secondary markets: capital markets, credit, rates, equities, and structured products.
Our commercial banking arm is a leading corporate lending bank offering an intensive range of services from Project Finance & Syndicated Loans through to Transaction Banking & Asset Finance.
By joining MUFG, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance your financial expertise and become part of a truly international organisation.
Global possibilities with an approachable and inclusive culture: it truly is a better balance in banking
With market experience around the globe, our Sales and Trading teams act as intermediaries - developing and executing bespoke investment solutions that help clients to manage risk and achieve their broader business objectives.
We have opportunities in our Sales Teams and our Trading Teams.
Sales -By joining our Sales team, you role within the team will be to actively support with:
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with a wide range of clients
- Analysing and developing solutions to meet clients’ needs
- Understanding and analysing the markets and industries our clients operate in to formulate trade ideas
- Liaising between clients and traders to price trades
- Preparing marketing materials for clients
Trading - By joining our Trading team, you role within the team will be to actively support with:
- Supporting traders in their daily activities
- Assisting with enquiry pricing and booking trades
- Shadowing senior traders to understand how to price securities, and manage risk from trades
- Understanding & analysing the markets and the needs of our clients to develop trade ideas
What to expect
Whether you join our Sales Team or our Trading Team, you will participate in our 18 month Analyst Programme which starts in August 2021 with a comprehensive training programme designed to develop a sound understanding of our product lines, our clients & our business strategies.
Equipped with newfound knowledge, you’ll start with the desk where you’ll experience how international finance works in practice and gain hands-on work experience. Right from day one, you’ll become an integral member of the team and will be given meaningful work to complete, allowing you to start building your experience and expertise within your chosen field.
As a part of a select intake, you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best professionals in the industry. We’re highly team-driven, but you’ll still find plenty of opportunity to shine as an individual. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will see the work you do. In addition, your buddy and mentor will make sure you have all the support you need to succeed. And you’ll enjoy an ongoing commitment to your development as you build a lasting and rewarding career with us.
Join our Team
We look for talented, motivated and ambitious people who will be able to help drive our business forward. Successful candidates will:
- have a strong interest in financial markets
- have excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- have high levels of motivation and integrity
- have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- be innovative and have the ability to generate new and creative ideas
- be in their final year of study or have graduated in the last 12 months
- have obtained a minimum 2:1 within the last 12 months, or be in line for a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level