Graduate Engineers (Civil) Ireland 2024
Murphy are hiring graduate civil engineers to work closely with our senior engineers. This is an exciting opportunity for graduates to join an established Contractor.
The successful candidates will join the Murphy Engineering Graduate Programme. Murphy manage an effective Graduate Programme to ensure we provide the very best development opportunities for our intakes.
Murphy focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry. Murphy are committed to developing our Engineers and our CPD Programme is accredited by Engineers Ireland.
- Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
- Resolving technical problems at all levels.
- Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan.
- The production of survey information and red – lined drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
- Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plan.
- Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
- Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
- Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship.
- Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
- Close liaison with the Site Foreman and Works Managers.
- Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
- Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
- Assist the Site Management team to update KPI’s, material reconciliation and progress reports.
- Assist QS with site quantities and measures for monthly valuations.
Skills & experience
- Construction Experience (desirable)
- Setting Out and Surveying techniques (desirable)
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Degree qualified Civil Engineer.