Graduate Quantity Surveyor CMDP Brighton 2024
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
To continue with our growth plans for 2024 and beyond we are searching for Graduate Quantity Surveyors to join our Professional Development Programme for our autumn 2024 intake. This role would be working on projects within the East Sussex and Kent regions for our CMDP joint venture framework.
CMDP is a joint venture between MWH Treatment and Costain and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
Working within the commercial team you will support the commercial manager by providing assistance in the following;
- Administrating our contracts and issuing the correct contractual notices
- Producing integrated cost forecasts for projects
- Managing commercial issues related to withheld, disputed or disallowed costs
- Assisting with resolution of disputes and learning negotiation strategies
- Assisting with subcontract preparation following procurement
- Assessing interim and final accounts
- Pricing additional and varied works
We know our continuing success and development depends on yours, so we go all the way when it comes to providing you the support you need throughout your Graduate Programme and beyond. You can expect the following;
- A committed and structured three-year Graduate Programme.
- A mentor dedicated to you to support and guide your development.
- A structured training plan providing you with experience in all areas of our business.
- A competitive structured salary increase scheme.
- Multiple country-wide networking opportunities with the other graduates in your intake.
- Opportunity to work on diverse projects where you can make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts.
- Responsibility for your own achievements.
- The tools and support you need to realise your ambitions including achieving professional status with the relevant professional institution.
- Take up opportunities for placements in other areas of the business.
What MWH offer
Along with of structured learning and development throughout your graduate scheme and beyond, MWH also offer a variety of benefits, such as;
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Private medical Insurance
- Gym memberships
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme - free mental health support, financial advice
And many more benefits including Sports and Social club membership
- Preferably a degree in Quantity Surveying but we will consider other RICS accredited degrees (minimum 2.2)
- Successful candidates will need to be flexible and willing to spend time in other offices. This is to gain a full understanding of new projects and different clients, which will provide fresh experiences and support your development.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential, and you must be able to work well within a team and independently. You will be self – motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills.
- You will also have a strong client service focus and excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task. Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office are essential.
- Candidates will also need to have a full UK driving license or have the ability to make their own way to our sites and offices.
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world. We also support Mates in Mind which is a charitable programme to improve and promote positive mental health in the workplace.