Software Engineering Graduate Programme
Technology is crucial to how we operate as a bank and serve our customers. And with over 19 million customers, how we harness its potential is vital. In Technology, we work closely with all parts of the bank to understand customer and business needs and deliver cutting edge solutions in a dynamic environment. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do: and bringing simple, secure and reliable products and services to our customers is our goal
As a graduate trainee Software Engineering, we’ll equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences you’ll need to become a highly capable Software Engineer and make a significant impact. As a graduate trainee, you’ll learn how we’re using technology to redefine the banking experience for our customers. You’ll gain hands-on experience across the full lifecycle, from requirements analysis through to coding, testing and deployment.
Over the two years of this programme you’ll:
- Work collaboratively in an agile environment to deliver technology solutions that meet the needs of our customers and colleagues
- Build the technical skills needed to become a highly capable software engineer, delivering high quality code
- Gain experience in all aspects of the development lifecycle from requirements analysis
- Develop the confidence and influencing skills to innovate and challenge the status quo
- To be eligible for our Software Engineering programme, you’ll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for people who are curious, innovative and customer-focused, and show a real enthusiasm for technology
- In short, you’ll need to be something of an all-rounder; as comfortable solving technical problems as you are explaining concepts and thrashing out ideas with others
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850 a year. And on top of your salary, you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.