Software Engineering Summer Intern
Technology is crucial to how we operate as a bank and serve our customers. And with over 19 million customers, how we harness its potential is vital. In Technology, we work closely with all parts of the bank to understand customer and business needs and deliver cutting edge solutions in a dynamic environment. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do: and bringing simple, secure and reliable products and services to our customers is our goal.
Over the course of this eight-week summer internship, we’ll give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
What you'll do
- Learn about our culture, values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it’s like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making.
- To be eligible for our Software Engineering internship, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your STEM degree
- We’re looking for people who want to start a career in Software Engineering; people who are curious, innovative and customer-focused, and show a real enthusiasm for technology
- In short, you’ll need to be something of an all-rounder; as comfortable solving technical problems as you are explaining concepts and thrashing out ideas with others.